P38 kit2001

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

P38 kit2001

Postby hugh miley » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:23 am

Iam new to this, and hope it will be done right.
Have a problem with the final assembling of the aircraft.

the right and left fuselages appear to be perpendicular to
the wing with 2" dihedral, but will not be perpendicular to
the ground as shown as shown on the plans. Is this correct
or have I done something wrong?

Any comments will be appreciated.
hugh miley

Postby hugh miley » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:56 pm

I found my problem. Trimed outboard B9& 10 as well as inboard.
Am 73 years old, and have been doing ttid for over 60 years.

Dont know when I have ever done such a stupid thing. Oh well,
every thing is on tract to proceed.

Might do a radio control. does anyone have a suggestion as to how
to operate BOTH rudders?
hugh miley

Postby supercruiser » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:19 pm

If that's the stupidest thing you've done in 60 years of model building, I wouldn't be worried one bit.

I have a Comet P-38 and I was going to put a servo in the right fuselage linked to one rudder and then run a crossbar underneath the elevator to the other rudder. Maybe not the best solution but that seems simple enough to work.
supercruiser

p38

Postby hugh miley » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:28 am

Thanks! I was thinking the same.
hugh miley

Postby EddieB » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:11 pm

if you can spare the weight then you can use two micro servos and either a Y-cable from the rudder channel on the receiver or if you have a computer radio with an extra channel on the receiver you can just plug each rudder servo into it's own channel. The benefit of the latter is you can fine trim each servo at the radio (and in the air if necessary), other wise you have to trim it mechanically on the ground at the servo. I suppose though that would not be any different than trimming a link between two rudders.
:mrgreen:
EddieB

Postby The Flying Panda » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:00 pm

Hey guys im new to this forum and i dont have much experience with forumism, (I hope thats not a bad word). I too am building a remote controll p38 i have currently installed 2 servos on the drivers side of the aircraft (left side) in the boom , behind the wing. i am done with the middle landin gear and am still thinkin about engines and servos i think im going to save up for the spectrum dx7 and make my aircraft 7 channels. The batteries may go in the wings between the naciel and the fusilages. the recieve will go in the back of the naciel. Heres the cool part. i have already installed the aelron servos in the middle of the wing. rods and all. :wink: the aircraft is far from done because i still need to build the elevator and its wing. Hey good luck on RC conversion folks
If i had some cash itd be done by now. I will have some soon and i will try to get some pixs to yall.

Merry Christmas
The Fly'n Panda
FORTRESS CONFIGURATIONS (C)
The Flying Panda

Return to General Building Questions