Radio's

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Radio's

Postby Mr.c19590 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:52 pm

is it tru that in order to turn a guillow's kit into radio control you half to have a spectrum radio. I have a hitec 4ch i been looking for micro lectronic's for it but can not find any thing for it. In put most appr.eciated.
Thank's in advance :D Mr. C
Mr.c19590

Re: Radio's

Postby boxhead » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:21 pm

I see it’s an old post, did you get any answers?

I kinda have a answer: the radio is only concerned with the receiver, it doesn’t care what esc, servos the Rx is controlling ( there maybe be some cases the Rx will not like esc and servos, digital and magnetic types )
I started with futaba radio and receivers, but futaba didn’t go with the flow and speed of smaller Rx’s so I got taranis, and they have rx’s in 6channel that are smaller than 2 pencil erasers and have full range. Esc speed controls need air flow, and it looks like these stick builds lend them selfs to mods for that. Servos…I don’t think the linear type servos would last on the stick and tissue models, micro geared servos have become very good, rebuilable. Metal geared servos might work, weight penalty and CG setting would be more work.
All I’m saying is the the radio with smallest receivers is a way to go. Of course more motor and esc could power more weight. I just looked at hitec site, they have some micro Rx’s, but your 4channel Tx might not talk to them.
I didn’t dig into hitec rx’s, you could strip your Rx down to just have the board and desolder the header pins to lighten the weight, I used to do that with specktum Rx’s ( I have a spectrum box for the tranis xD9+ ) then shrink tube the Rx with holes for bind and led status.

So my first post as new member in almost 3 year old post, I’m starting well…he he
boxhead

Return to General Building Questions