Trojan build.

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Trojan build.

Postby chris.carr » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:11 pm

Building my quarantine time away with a good ole stick and tissue plane...

Im thinking about making it more detailed than fly ready, any suggestions? Any resources for highly detailed balsa builds? Thanks for you time!

p.s. My first post in any forum with a .jpg, I would love to hear feedback, if its too small, too big etc.

Fair winds and following seas

-Chief
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chris
chris.carr

Re: Trojan build.

Postby MikeCallender » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:37 pm

Chief,
Nice build so far, I started just a few weeks ago (picked up two models at Christmas time, while back Stateside). The first was fun, but I rushed it. The second was too much for me ( a bi-plane) that I took my time with, but learned a lot of lessons the hard way. I am working on another, but it may be too much for me. Quarantine for me means telework, but I have time to spend it on the model.
How did you post your picture. I need to learn how to compress or shrink iPhone photos. Regardless, it looks good and keep it up!

NATO Mike
MikeCallender

Postby heywooood » Sat May 02, 2020 4:15 pm

This Trojan by Dave Duckett is of a different mfg..I think Berkeley - but it is a stick and tissue model built instead as a non-flying display model. If you look through the entire thread of this build you might get some ideas. Dave inspired me to try building balsa kits this way and now it’s all I do (almost)
http://www.virtualaerodrome.com/image_d ... 21&offset=
...you made that out of a box of sticks..?
...what is WRONG with you!
heywooood

Postby Oldyzracer1 » Tue May 05, 2020 6:41 pm

A Dave Duckett-style build is what I aim at, too. I still like to attempt a tissue finish rather than infilling, but I add stringers and multiple tissue layers for a smoother look than the standard kit style.
Oldyzracer1

Return to General Building Questions