1st build

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: 1st build

Postby edbecky » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:21 pm

Moved on to the F4U-4 Corsair. I have high hope for this one. Lots of sanding and filling in hopes of that nice finish.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ed
edbecky

Postby edbecky » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:55 am

I'm sure there are models that are more challenging but this wing, and all it's hardware, on the Corsair is giving me pause.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ed
edbecky

Postby cliffm » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:36 pm

I got dis-abled in 2007 and spent about 5-6yrs. on my back so to speak and built just about all the guillows full size kits and the corsair was my first build . You will enjoy this build with an addiction that will develop, I built my DC-3 as a c-47, attached a glider to it and it is displayed in our Vets rep. office, my B-24 is in a pub, along with the B-17 in another, my ceiling was getting very crowded so they deserved a place to be appreciated. I still have my corsair along with the hellcat, my p-38 went to an admirer along with my Dauntless. The P-38 and dauntless were in an auction due to the owners passing and they brought a respectful price, don't sell yourself short, take your time and they will come out beautiful, patience and attention to detail will be your best friends, and remember you can always fix something you don't like, BUILD ON!!!!
cliffm

Postby edbecky » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:05 pm

Thanks Cliffm. I'm feeling better since I finished the folding part of the wing. I think I'll redo the wheels as I'm not satisfied with them. Everything else is good and I am really enjoying the build.
Ed
edbecky

Postby edbecky » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:03 am

Trial fitting. Moving right along.
Ed
edbecky

Postby edbecky » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:07 am

Update on Corsair build. Thought I'd try a small amount of detail with the yoke. Stole the idea from another photo on line. I went back and painted over the one printed on the floor of the cockpit. Looking at possibly adding a few more items to the cockpit. Just having fun!!
Ed
edbecky

Previous

Return to General Building Questions