WOW

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

WOW

Postby cliffm » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:01 am

Hi folks, haven't been on the sight for awhile, changed computers and anyway I'm here again. I' built most of the recently available Guillows models and some comet, dumas and a few others. A couple years ago I gave a bar owner a B-24 and another pub owner my B-17 as I was running out of room. They hung them in their establishments and they have caught the eyes of more than one admirer. A guy just offered me $250 for my 1000 series Stuka and $500 for my 1000 series P-38. I guess it beats sitting in the attic or letting grand kids play with them, NOT!!! I think the wife has a new lazy-boy all picked out. Yeah, well if she is happy, me and the dogs have a much better go of it. If you want to see them they should be in my old posts. The airplanes too.
cliffm

Re: WOW

Postby donnier » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:19 pm

I ran out of room also and, luckily, had a friend who knew the board of directors for the Commemorative Air Force's hanger at the General Dewitt Spain Airport in northern Memphis. These folks came to see my planes and now most of my planes hang, on permanent loan, in the administrative office area of this hanger. All except for one for each son (2 in total) and one for me to keep. AND, as many as I can continue to build before I get thrown out of the house for lack of space.
donnier

Return to General Building Questions