servo speed controlers

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

servo speed controlers

Postby woundedbear » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:59 pm

I saw a servo speed controller on youtube. It was small and connected in between the servo and the receiver. It had an adjustable limit and delay controls, and it was very small and looked to be light weight too. It had E-Fly the model number EGS01 on it's side. I can not seem to be able to find it or one like it for sale anywhere on the internet :o Does anybody know where I could find one of these things? I have searched the internet and the only servo speed controllers I found are big and heavier than the receivers servos and the airplanes that I plan to build :shock: Did they stop making these things? If so why? The one I have bookmarked looked like just the sort of thing needed to make adding retractable landing gear and possibly flaps work for the Guillows 1/16th scale airplanes. I know they do make such things. the All Most Ready to fly and the Ready to fly EPO fomeies like the ones sold by hobby king under the Durfly and Avios brand names use them to make the landing gear and flaps deploy slowly. :roll:
woundedbear

Re: servo speed controlers

Postby woundedbear » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:52 pm

OK,m guys, this post has been viewed 37 times. Please give me some input on this. I wish I could do an attachment so everyone could see the youtube video I'm talking about. I have learned about a device Hobby King sells. It's the Tunrigy 3 channel servo speed regulator. This thing is used to slow down the action of a servo that retracts and extends the mechanical type landing gear and can be used to slow down the servo that lowers and retracts the flaps. The problem I see with the servos used to articulate mechanical landing gear is they have only two functions up and down. This slamming down and up action is the issue with adding retractable landing gear to a Guillows RC conversion. The sudden and quick movement of the landing gear causes a sudden shift in the mass of the gear and can lead to a loss of control. If the movement of the servo could be slowed down this problem could be eliminated. :idea: This would also work well for the flaps. If the deployment of the flaps could be slowed down adding flaps to a Guillows conversion would work. I recently bought a new old stock Tactic model TTX600 transmitter it uses a dial instead of a switch to move the 6th channel and can be used to raise and lower the gear servo much like controlling the volume of a radio or TV. Of course, the servo would have to be the analog type in order to work. Has anybody on the forum had experience with this model of Tactic transmitter :?:
woundedbear

Postby slopemeno » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:39 pm

Most modern transmitters have this feature. I have an older ('can't believer I'm calling my 9303 old) JR-9303 TX, which has servo slowness adjustable in .1 second incriments. 9303's have gone way down in price. I use it for the spoilerons on my slope planes.

A new radio like the Taranis from aloft Hobbies https://alofthobbies.com/ would take care of that. That's an incredibly sophisticated TX for about half what my 9303 cost when it was new. Plus it's 2.4, with tiny 4-channel receivers available for about $24.00 each.

The attachment you're looking at would work. Size and weight in a Guillows model would be the issue.
slopemeno

Postby Bill Gaylord » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:09 am

As I've stated before, I would get a unit that suites your needs. The Taranis has good reports, as the last poster stated. That said, I never should have bought my DX6i, knowing that 10 model memory slots was not enough. I should have bought what I knew I wanted then or simply waited a bit, versus having a number of complex programs in my unit, that are not downloadable into a newer unit. Knowing my needs after the years, a unit with 200 model memories, such as the DX6 will be fine, probably for ages. Being that you're relatively new to this, the best thing you can do is not hold yourself back with Tactic, while investing in gear that you won't want to stay with in the future.
Bill Gaylord

Return to General Building Questions