Finding post on the forum

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Finding post on the forum

Postby woundedbear » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:07 pm

Hello, everyone! how do I find postings on this forum? For instances if I have questions about servos or using dope finishes etc... Things that have already been discussed here on the Guillows forum before. I have posted a question about balsa wood strippers and have gotten much good advice about the subject if something has already been discussed. How do I locate it here? There's no point in posting a question about something that has already been covered.
woundedbear

Re: Finding post on the forum

Postby Bill Gaylord » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:57 am

Forum based search engines aren't very good. I've literally not been able to track down a thread, because of one character in my search terms being caps or non-caps, in contrast to the actual thread title. When I'm looking for something here, I search using Google and ad "balsamodels" to the search terms. The "balsamodels" will give you results from the Guillow's site.
Bill Gaylord

Postby woundedbear » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:51 am

Thank's Bull 8) :P
woundedbear

Postby Coloradoken » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:39 pm

you can try the "search" at the top of the page. I put in "wood stripper" and it found 29 treads going back to 2009.
Worth a shot.
Coloradoken

Postby Mfezi » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:11 am

Yes, using external search engines can be very effective. I find I get the best results using google. For those that don't know: You can force google to only look within a certain website or domain, by adding a "site:" instruction. For example, type this into the google search engine and see what happens:

dope finishes site:balsamodels.com

That last part "site:balsamodels.com" effectively forces it to look only on this site.
B.A. Broughton
Mfezi

Return to General Building Questions