Looking for a Comet plan

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Looking for a Comet plan

Postby scigs30 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:07 pm

Hello, I have a Comet Cessna 150 Super Star kit but no plans. Does anyone have a set they can scan a email me?
scigs30

Re: Looking for a Comet plan

Postby Bill Gaylord » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:21 pm

I almost bought one recently. I'll let you know if I do. Should have got one that was priced decently. I love C150s, as well as it going really well with my Comet DVa and Cherokee, that are the only flying electric r/c versions that I know of.

Are you planning to make a rubber powered version with possibly a lighter or no tube?
Bill Gaylord

Postby Bill Gaylord » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:34 pm

Well I just bought one, so I'll have some plans to scan with my otherwise useless Lexmark that uses expensive ink cartridges, bought only for the purpose of flatbed scanning. As soon as I paid, Ebay comes up with a "now don't forget about this one" message, which was the other one for sale that I had looked at, which had the wheel pants missing.

Looks like this may be another first as an e-conversion Comet model, like the Cherokee and DVa. At first I thought the Bass-O-Matic tube was missing, but it appeared to be in the photos. Wouldn't have been a bad thing, as it would push me to roll a lighter one. I'll have to make the front section so that it can be cut-away after construction for motor mounting, like the past 2 builds. I could even start building a conventional wing at 29" span, as the highly scale appearing x-deal with be scrapped also.
Bill Gaylord

Postby scigs30 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:56 pm

Bill, Congrats on your new model cant wait to see it built. I would appreciate the plan when you get a chance. Thank you. scigs@aol.com
scigs30

Postby Bill Gaylord » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:07 pm

You're welcome. I'll probably sheet the fuse with 1/32" balsa and use parallel wing ribs.
Bill Gaylord

Postby Bill Gaylord » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:04 am

I have this kit/plans and sent a few PMs, which seem to be stuck in the outbox. Let me know if you do or don't get them.
Edit: I just noticed your email, so I'll try that.
Bill Gaylord

Postby davidchoate » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:18 pm

I know how You feel about the modern magazines, but Fly Rc Master Workshop had a Dumas J-4 Cub 4 Ch RC conv., and the guy put all the Rc gear and motor on a tray held into the fuselage with pins. I gotta find a photo cause it's hard to explain,but I know You,d like it. Stranger Yet In a Balsa online Club thing on Face Book I go on FF Guys are converting the Dumas Pat Tritle RC series planes from Rc to Rubber. They flipped it on Me!
davidchoate

Return to General Building Questions