p47 replacement parts

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

p47 replacement parts

Postby Bluesynk » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:57 am

can anybody let me know what balsa sheets i need for the tail and rudder? have one laying around but lost the parts in a move. I would like to finish it up.
Bluesynk

Re: p47 replacement parts

Postby Bill Gaylord » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:16 am

Good question. My only guess is that the designations such as C and D for example, could refer to the sheets with the commonly marked C rudder parts or I believe D stabilizer parts. Probably would be good if they clarified what's on the sheets.
Bill Gaylord

Postby BillParker » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:18 pm

Is it just me, or... Why wouldn't you make new stuff from the templature on the plan?

bp
William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Postby Bill Gaylord » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:56 am

BillParker wrote:Is it just me, or... Why wouldn't you make new stuff from the templature on the plan?

bp

I kinda had that thought. No worries about getting lucky with the wood, and they're easy to cut. When I do cut my own tail surface parts, I generally change the layout a bit also where the individual pieces join, to take better advantage of grain strength. Just did that with an ironwood Sterling Fokker D8, cutting new tail surface and other parts.

When I built my P47, half of the fuse formers were basically ply, and the other half like Dumas contest wood. Being an r/c build,I ended up laminating stringers across them, for reasonable strength. Done again, I would have cut either half the formers from light wood and matched the light ones, or cut new ones from heavier wood matching the heavy ones, and then would have done away with the stringer laminations.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill Gaylord

Postby Bluesynk » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:46 am

No plans. I had the plane built already. I have to order a canopy, nose, decals, and need a tail and rudder. Evil ex threw out my box.
Bluesynk

Postby NcGunny » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:02 pm

If you didnt want to buy a new plan you could probably download a Comet,Sterling, etc of the same size. Then just print off the tail section of the plan. Must be 12 manufacturers that made P47 kits or maybe ask someone to scan that section and email it to ya.
NcGunny

Postby Bluesynk » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:27 pm

Need to order anyway, thought if I got the tail parts I could figure it out easy enough. I have to scratch build the alerons as well, but the outline is there. I cant see the parts good enough on the order site. Ill look on ebay too, sometimes they lay out the parts. Or find a scale tail and print
Bluesynk

Postby Bill Gaylord » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:45 am

Bluesynk wrote:Need to order anyway, thought if I got the tail parts I could figure it out easy enough. I have to scratch build the alerons as well, but the outline is there. I cant see the parts good enough on the order site. Ill look on ebay too, sometimes they lay out the parts. Or find a scale tail and print
Sometimes they have those generally useless kits on Ebay, where someone's already built the fuse and parts are missing. As long as the plans and parts you need are there in the photos, one of those kits could actually be useful, for once.
Bill Gaylord

Return to General Building Questions