Wid's Guillow's kit 901

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: Wid's Guillow's kit 901

Postby NcGunny » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:27 pm

I got a update on my phone and havent been able to access the pics for 2.weeks,they are stored on the sd card in a unreadable format. As soon as I get it fixed I will post some for you.
NcGunny

Postby davidchoate » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:13 pm

I have one of the old FW 190 kits. It was never opened.I.m guessing about $50. And I wont use much, or need much of the original stuff except the cowling, and especially, the Plans, and canopy. But if the decals are ok. it helps, but decals, are easy. I prefer to save the die cuts just in case an exact reproduction is needed. they are irreplaceable without the dies. a laser scan, and then cut, i don't think of as the old thing. Or maybe the genuine thing. I have a couple of a older line of about 15"- 19" biplanes. a 300 Curtiss Robin. I always read the fine print. I never get unless I can be certain it is unopened or the plastic wrapping is off and the contents displayed. Sometimes that"s better.
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:31 pm

i've been doing a Fairchild 300 for a while and have been up and down loading Photos here a while. But lately, and I don't know why. I must edit them all, or the ones Ichoose to share. I have a Samsung good camera. It's the computer. I'm using an older lap top device. Not a good newer PC. It must be this thing does not store the images the same. They use the content amount of camera info. For their reasons. To not accept more than so much Data. I guess the storage of that Data must be an expense or whatever. But regardless I think the data limits on here particularly lower. I seem to only have this problem here. I can even text most of them without having to up and down load God knows to where. Sometimes I can't even remember. Or have to run them thrugh the editing program. I really Love taking photos and making recordings. But i'm not as passionate about it as I am with Airplanes. Any kind that flys. It feels like a chore to share My progress.
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:32 pm

256 KiB. it just took Me 15 minutes to resize and post that. I knw i'm not the greatest with a computer, but the devices I do use, and other forums I share on, are so easy to post Photos on that I think there may be a problem on this Forums Photo posting program. It needs an update or something.And Its My favorite Forum.But so in need of a program flash.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by davidchoate on Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidchoate

Postby NcGunny » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:04 am

I have tried to transfer pics to pc but they stay in the weird format. HTC says they are working on it..lol! I found some scans of the FW decals and will try to print them out on waterslide sheets. I know another forum I am a member of had to big updates for their phpBB, asked a admin and he said a mod can change the size of pics in the settings. He says it is probably because the original setup of this board was b4 the pics were so big so they just chose a smaller size they thought most people would use.
NcGunny

Postby WIDDOG » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:50 pm

I finished the Jimmie Allen Tri plane. Remember instead of using Bamboo and thin Balsa I used 1/ 16 thick wood. Also I left the tissue un sealed. I am very happy with how it turned out.

WIDDOG

Postby sandman » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:41 am

That looks great I like the cockpit detail. Good luck with the maiden!
sandman

Postby WIDDOG » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:50 pm

Thanks sandman, I did trim fly the model. It seemed to fly ok. Hopefully I can get a good flight in and maybe even video it. I think the model was designed in the 1930's. I'm surprised that it fly's so well. Even built out of 1/16 inch thick Balsa.
WIDDOG

Postby davidchoate » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:11 am

Nice job. I have learned recently how to laminate balsa to make tails, window frame areas, etc. Surface area is strength. Ever since David Lewis wrote that; I have been able to make lighter and stronger. I used to put gussets every where. They do little but add weight. Certain exceptions apply of course. That magazine from the AMA Model Aviation " has
some good build articles, and Fly RC has a build article to. I remember before all the foamies and RTF's when Airplane magazines were all builds, but alas, I must accept those days are over, and that 80% of any magazine now is going to be reviews of RTF's.
davidchoate

Postby WIDDOG » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:26 pm

Thanks much I have to give credit to the designer of this model. It's a fun build and does fly. another option is to build the model out of foam.

https://youtu.be/zuvH2nKaOTU
WIDDOG

Postby WIDDOG » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:03 am

Here is a flying vid of the Jimmie Allen. https://youtu.be/yp_OC5NFDb4
WIDDOG

Previous

Return to General Building Questions