Beechcraft Musketeer

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Beechcraft Musketeer

Postby N4758J » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi all.

I am new to building, and new to this forum. I am building the Musketeer for my very first build for many different reasons. I want to build the scale version, rather than the flying version, however I am having a hard time understanding how to do that for the horizontal stabilizer.

Would someone or many someones please guide me through the best way to make the scale version of this?

Thanks!
N4758J

Re: Beechcraft Musketeer

Postby backyardbalsapilot » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:23 pm

Does the kit come with parts for two different horizontal stabilizers? If so, build the smaller one. I have not built this kit, but I know that the Edge 540 kit comes with parts and plans for a larger horizontal stab.
backyardbalsapilot

Postby N4758J » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:42 am

The parts provided are for the larger FM version. The plans have the layout for the FM and then inside is a dotted line that says "scale outline (half pattern)" inside of the FM layout. There is only one set of parts. It appears to me that I am going to have to do a lot of math to find the measurements. Don't mind the math, just wish there were a little bit clearer instruction. Thanks for the input.
N4758J

Postby BillParker » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:56 am

I found some photos of mine from last time I built one of these. Looks like there's an outline for the scale version of the horizontal tailfeather, (right hand side)...

Trace off the shape, then double it. (cut out the right hand shape, make a copy of the right hand on a new piece of paper, then roll the template over to the left, and copy again...)

Now you can make a new scale stab out of any material you choose, as your scale model doesn't care about weight.

Follow?

bp
William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Postby N4758J » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:18 pm

Trace off the shape, then double it. (cut out the right hand shape, make a copy of the right hand on a new piece of paper, then roll the template over to the left, and copy again...)

Now you can make a new scale stab out of any material you choose, as your scale model doesn't care about weight.

Follow?

bp

Bill,

If I am understanding you correctly, the tail feather for the static model is larger than that of the flying model?
N4758J

Postby BillParker » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:47 pm

No. The flying model has a larger stab. Scale is smaller...
William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Return to General Building Questions