Laser Cut Kits?

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Laser Cut Kits?

Postby m1fan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:03 am

Does anyone know when Guillows is going to release the 800, 1000, and the 2000 series in laser cut kits. I don't plan on building every single airplane, but there are some in each series that I would like to build (or build again for a second time!). Thanks for your inputs.

V/R

Adam
m1fan

Re: Laser Cut Kits?

Postby m1fan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:15 pm

Anybody? Any of the Guillows staff wanna chime in? Thanks
m1fan

Postby NcGunny » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:54 am

Dont hold me to this because I might be wrong. I thought I remembered a post about someone saying they had been building a pre release 800 kit. The site shows nothing in the bigger series yet, maybe because the dies arent so worn out they are last in line? Or maybe it goes on sales? Anyways if ya gotta have LC kits shop around until Guillows finishes em up.
NcGunny

Postby woundedbear » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:30 am

Hi M1fan I too would like to have a laser cut 1001 kit and a 2001 kit. But I have given up on there ever being any more Guillow's laser cut kits with in my life time. I thought by now all of guillow's kits would have been converted to laser cut, and they would have added some new ones as well. I talked to a guy that has a small hobby shop in Candor North Carolina, that's one of the small "one stoplight", towns that got bypassed by new highway 220. I live just out side of Asheboro N.C. now, and there is talk of Belk's and JC Penny's closing their stores in Randolph Mall. Anyway's the young guy who has that hobby shot in Candor was listed as one of SIG's dealers, that's how I found him. He said that he doesn't stock balsa wood at all because nobody builds any more. I bought my transmitter on line from Tower Hobbies, and my balsa from SIG. Everybody just buys a foamys these days, and the small town hobby shops are all going away. I think that every thing you buy will soon be on line, even your groceries. What will happen I think, is the trucks that bring your food will be going through your neighborhood once a week on the same day each week, and you will be required to send your order on line each week. Some people think I'm crazy for thinking such things, but there are different things that are used to gage the economy, like how many new homes are built, and the holidays. These things are called economic indicators that are used to tell how well or poorly our economy is doing. The start of the Christmas buying season starts on black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. I can remember seeing the stores packed with shoppers, everybody trying to find the best prices. That doesn't happen any more, just about everyone has a computer now, and we do all of our shopping on line. We are a computer dependent species, and I've also heard that their working on an implant that will be put under the skin of the hand. It will have all of your information, your SS number, driving license, health insurance, blood type, what medications your allergic to and the must important, how much are you worth, or credit, this list could go on and on. However I'll stop before I start repeating myself. These tangents that I get started on, I try to stay one subject but for some unknown reason my brain starts tying everything together.
woundedbear

Postby NcGunny » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:46 am

There are lots of reasons why Hobby Shops dont make it. Back in the middle 90's lots of.them appeared cashing in on the Nascar bonanza. The economy was decent and people had money to spare. Shops made their rent,had profit etc..very little internet available. Death of the late great Dale Sr. and the bottom falls out of Nascar market in months...economy is iffy also. Internet is now booming. Shops barely breaking even....etc..etc.. My local shop is more geared to Rc, the owner literally drives his car to go pick up fuels for rc cars and planes because the Hazmat fee is more than it costs him to drive round trip. I have even heard of places that carried paints discontinuing whole lines because of Hazmat fees. I hate to say it but everyone is free to spend their money as they see fit on what they want. If place A doesnt have what you want..buy from place B.
NcGunny

Postby WIDDOG » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:44 am

I'm not sure if this relates or not... I started build Guillow's kits by just buying a kit and than buying my ALL my building supplies from Wal Mart. Petty much It comes in the kit or can be bought from wal mart. Note I do use white glue and water as a substitute for Dope.
WIDDOG

Postby woundedbear » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:14 pm

I think that if the word "Dope" was not on the bottles of the lacquer based paints used to paint balsa wood and tissue covered airplanes. It would be available in the rainbow of colors that I remember seeing in the hobby shops that aren't there any more.
woundedbear

Return to General Building Questions