Fokker D VIII plans

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Fokker D VIII plans

Postby NavyAD1 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:15 pm

I am currently working on a Fokker D VIII scaled down to 22 inches from the Walt Musciano RC version. My dad built the five foot version in 1959. I would like to build the Guillow version, but I need a set of plans. Does anyone have a set of plans or a good copy for sale?
NavyAD1

Re: Fokker D VIII plans

Postby Skyediamonds » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:39 am

NavyAD,
Good morning from Reno, NV. I read your request for model plans for a Guillow's scale Fokker D-VIII. I believe Guillow's will sell you a copy of their plans upon request. Just contact Guillow's customer service either by phone or email. Since building their Stearman (featured on their website on Nov. 2014) & their Wright Flyer (April 2015), Ive had great success. You may have to pay a small charge, but that's about it. Might be easier to simply purchase the kit as you'll get the pieces already die-cut as well as the plans. Let me know if this helps. Sky
Skyediamonds

Postby NavyAD1 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:40 am

Thanks Skyediamonds for your reply. The Fokker D VIII made by Guillows was discontinued years ago, but perhaps a request directly to them may yield a copy of the plan. So far my D VIII is coming along fine. Wing ribs are cut out, rudder is made, horizontal stabilizer parts are cut out and I will be using a Guillow DR 1 cowling and wheels. I have been utilizing scrap as well as leftover balsa from other Guillow kits.
NavyAD1

Postby David Lewis » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:15 pm

Plans for the Fokker D8 kit #WW-9 can be downloaded at HipPocketAeronautics.com.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David Lewis

Postby NavyAD1 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:01 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Dave.
NavyAD1

Return to General Building Questions