How to post photos to the forum

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

How to post photos to the forum

Postby David Lewis » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:28 pm

1. If you're using a camera, I've found it worthwhile to invest in an SD card reader. Without a card reader, it was too hard for me to transfer photos from the camera to my hard drive.

2. It's a good idea to crop and shrink the photo down before uploading it. Then it lays out nicely when viewed on the screen without have to scroll around. In Microsoft Paint, click "Image > Resize/Skew."

3. When snapping the pic, press lightly on the shutter button for a few seconds first to give the auto-focus range finder a chance to work.
Last edited by David Lewis on Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
David Lewis

Re: How to post photos to the forum

Postby NcGunny » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:16 pm

Thanks Dave! Do you happen to have a FAQ on using photobucket? I couldnt get it to upload to Bucket from my sd card,I literally have to take a pic and upload the photo as its taken. BTW..I used your tip on printing out POSTER images on my printer,works absolutely perfectly. Now if I can just get the rescaling part mastered.
NcGunny

Postby David Lewis » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:28 pm

With PhotoBucket, easiest way is usually to upload from SD card to your desktop first. Then open the file in Microsoft Paint. After you shrink the picture down (Resize), you can preview the picture size by clicking "View > Zoom > Custom > 100%". (The magnification slider sometimes does not default to 100%)

It's also a good idea, if possible, to preview your post in the forum before you publish it. To confirm that your photos are displaying the way you want them to, and that graphics and the accompanying text flow in an easy-to-follow arrangement.
Sometimes the layout can be improved by breaking a long illustrated article into multiple posts.
Last edited by David Lewis on Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
David Lewis

Postby Coloradoken » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:04 pm

I use my IPhone 4 to shoot and then send the shots as an message attachment to myself. Can also send as an email with attacmentThen I upload the image on my Mac and crop. Save it for posting on the forum when I get a chance.
Coloradoken

Postby Peanut » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:55 am

Hello! I know this is abit of a old post but how do I upload more than 3 pictures ? Trying to post a build of my P40, I figured it now :oops:
Peanut

Postby DenisCullinan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:17 pm

The only way I now have to post photos is to get the photo from my iPad photos file. I've tried to post photos from my iPad to Hip Pocket Aeronautics, but I keep getting messages that say that the images are too big. Hip Pocket has a photo-sizer facility, but this doesn't work for me. i've also gotten three iPad apps that supposedly allow the user to reduce the size of pictures, but i'll be d****d if I can get any of them to wotk. Any ideas, guys? Help!!!

-------Denis C.
DenisCullinan

Postby David Lewis » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:14 pm

In Microsoft Paint, click "Image > Resize/Skew". I don't think there is a simple way to re-size iPad photos without using a separate stand alone image editor. The currently available apps are too complicated or buggy.

Tip: If you right-click a photo, and hit "Properties", a pop up box will give you the image dimensions in pixels. So if you see a photo in this forum that looks like the size you want, you can then calculate how much (percentage) the photo you want to upload needs to be shrunk down.
David Lewis

Return to General Building Questions