laser cut kits

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

laser cut kits

Postby NavyAD1 » Fri May 22, 2015 6:03 am

My first Guillows kit was a 200 series DR1 which I built in 1961. I still have it, although it needs to be recovered. Yes, the Guillows line was always over engineered, they were heavy and flew a little (enough to make a kid happy). My late father and we three kids would sit around the table and build while the aces of yesteryear flew missions in our heads as we built their planes. I am now retired and still build models. Guillows brought out laser cut kits and what a difference. The wood is better, no die crushing and the parts fit as designed. Time can now be spent detailing and finishing rather than fixing. I look forward to the day when the larger 1000 series are out in laser form. BTW, I would love to see an AD1 Skyraider in a 1000 series kit. At least I can dream can't I?
NavyAD1

Re: laser cut kits

Postby woundedbear » Thu May 28, 2015 12:54 am

Yeah the laser cut kits are a joy to build. I will be so happy when all of the Guillows kits are laser cut, but the progress has been painfully slow. I don't think that we'll see any new kits until all of the current kits are laser cut. I just hope I'll still be around to see that great day. Then I think that Guillows will be asking the people who are on this forum for suggestions on what new kits should be added to the current line... Well hear's to a day when all of Guillow's kits are leaser cut, and they have all the new models we have been asking them for. Just model on dudes and the airplane of your dreams well be laser cut kits from Guillow's.
woundedbear

Return to General Building Questions