Sunday's Guillow Airshow at Meadowbrook Farms

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: Sunday's Guillow Airshow at Meadowbrook Farms

Postby Mitch » Sun May 31, 2015 8:38 pm

End of the Day Report... Broken but not Defeated:

After what looked like a good test glide. (I wound the motor just to suck it into the fuselage). I then went to 150 winds. Things looked good, she turned to the left... I adjusted with rudder correction. I should have gone up in increments of 50 winds, but I thought things were going well so I went to 300 winds at about 5 in oz of torque. She was climbing and turning to the left... now I can see she is still just a bit tail heavy... She winged over at about 20 feet in the air and dove into the ground. She hit hard with the impact being first taken by her left wing.

I think she came apart well. The bottom wing was a clean break from the fuselage. No broken struts. They just came out of the sockets. Wheels popped off. All parts collected from field:

At least now I am not so worried about that hole I poked in the paper assembling the wings!

I will clean up the struts, re attach the wings... Hope to have her back in the air by the end of the week. Next time go up in increments of 50 winds only!

Mitch... Keep Building, Keep Flying, I rather Break them Flying than Collecting Dust! :D
Mitch

Previous

Return to General Building Questions