Guillows Laser Cut P47

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Guillows Laser Cut P47

Postby scigs30 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:39 pm

I won this kit last year for the Guillows Yahoo Groups competition and finally got around to building it. Guillows was kind enough to supply laser cut quality wood for this build, I will be entering in this years Yahoo challenge. Since Guillows gave me the laser cut parts I will build it per the plans with no major modifications other that a removable nose block. The wood quality and laser cutting is excellent, some of the best I have ever seen. The notches don't line up perfect but that could be because of the tight fitting notches and stringers. As long as the fuselage is straight I am ok with the stringers. The build goes together fast, what you see only took me a few hours using white wood glue. If possible this will be rubber powered.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scigs30

Re: Guillows Laser Cut P47

Postby PsyberPhlier » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:43 am

Dang, that it a nice looking fuselage. Can't wait to see more.

Ted
"Chief Dumb Thumb"

PsyberPhlier

Postby Mitch » Mon May 04, 2015 8:34 pm

Hi PP,

I was the beta tester for that kit last year. There were a few minor problems I told Dale about and I am sure they were corrected. I still have mine in skeleton... If I was to build it for Rubber FF, I would leave out half the wing ribs and remove more of the interior of the fuselage frames. Keep the rear half of the fuselage as light as possible, and make that tail as light as possible also. I would pack in as much rubber as I could in that big bird... I bought some 12 inch props I plan to use for my 1000 series planes...

I would like to see how yours turns out. I feel responsible that all the parts should fit together properly since I was the Beta Tester!

Mitch
Mitch

Postby woundedbear » Tue May 19, 2015 6:13 pm

How did you become a beta tester...No how do I become a beta tester ?
woundedbear

Postby Mitch » Tue May 19, 2015 8:13 pm

It was I think 2 Christmas' ago... wow was it that long ago. Guillow's offered up all the 500 series and a few other kits for Beta testing... It was first come first serve and the people at Guillow's wanted experienced builders and wanting the build done with feedback. We are all now waiting for the Production models to come out..... and still waiting..... :roll:

Since I do not like the smaller models I selected the P-47. It was the only kit in the 1000 series for testing.

Mitch
Mitch

Return to General Building Questions