Total RC Newbie Frustration

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: Total RC Newbie Frustration

Postby dirk gently » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:01 am

Yeah, that contributor was me ;)
if you're doing a removable gear module, attach the battery with velcro, so that you can use a lighter battery on a lighter plane etc. otherwise this idea will impose further design constraints on this build (which is probably difficult enough as is).
dirk gently

Postby deanoaz » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:36 am

I can't say that this Guillows kit is the easiest build I have tangled with in my short history of stick building (most of it years ago). Being retired gives me lots of time to work on it and I find I have to focus on slowing myself down and do a lot of thinking/strategizing/very careful handling/fabricating. I have thought I would Velcro most of the gear on the module, both for weight flexibility and R & R.
Thanks! :D
deanoaz

Postby Bill Gaylord » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:08 pm

One thing that worked out well for this build was the wing attachment. The molded canopy is extremely robust, if you have strong wing struts and attachment points. I did not use the rubber band arrangement, and simply use the struts to secure the wing. I used a hard balsa tab to locate the wing in the recessed area of the molded canopy, with a slot cut into the canopy. The model survived a carwheeled landing with no damage once, where it tipped stalled a few feet above ground.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill Gaylord

Previous

Return to General Building Questions