T-28 Trojan

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: T-28 Trojan

Postby davidchoate » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:28 pm

I messsed with My camera again and have to resize the photos to post. But its covered, and painted the white. I had no trouble finding colr photos of trainer non combat T-28's. The paint schemes are varying, but mostly Navy uses bright orange and black. USAF uses a red white and blue. I am also adding a few details to the cowling. Cowl flaps, and exhaust. Its a little heavy, but I just painted last night, and Acrylics take some time to dry out.
davidchoate

Postby jpuke » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:47 am

I built one of the T-28's back in 2013, ended up heavier than I wanted but still a good flyer. I would routinely get it up in the air for close to a minute depending on how many winds I put on it and the wind in the field. I did end up making my own canopy (see ffscale.co.uk for techniques) because I really didn't like the two piece that came with the kit. It flew for a long time for me until I put just a few too many winds on it, the rubber snapped and twisted the insides of the model to bits. I now have some blast tubes that I plan on using for the Skyraider that I'm slowly building. Good luck.
jpuke

Postby davidchoate » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:33 am

Yeah, I dont like the whole two piece canopy design. I wonder why they did it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:36 am

I know the paint looks bad now, but just cause its all masked up. I'm going for a NAVY trainer scheme.
davidchoate

Postby jpuke » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:44 am

It should look great. You're more daring than I am. I usually don't do more than panel lines for ailerons, rudder and stabilizer and a few decals. I'd like to have a nice looking model but I'm more interested at this point in getting them to fly well.

I think the two piece canopy is just so it fits in the box. The T-28 canopy is kind of "tall" to fit in the boxes that the 900-series models come in.
jpuke

Postby davidchoate » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:29 pm

Almost done. LooksOK so far. I guess
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
davidchoate

Postby PsyberPhlier » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:57 pm

That looks really sharp with the lines drawn in...
"Chief Dumb Thumb"

PsyberPhlier

Previous

Return to General Building Questions