Getting Ready for WESTFAC V

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: Getting Ready for WESTFAC V

Postby Mitch » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:01 pm

Well WEST FAC 5 is history...and ALL my planes flew, some not so well (older construction) BUT all my new planes flew in contests and I was happy with the results I had.

The two I will talk about today are going into the Guillow challenge that ends next week...

First is my FW 190:
This model was judged for scale points and flew in FAC scale. By the end of the 1st day I was in 3rd place, but this event was over 2 days and there were many more entries on the second day. My best time was 29 seconds, and the model suffered some battle damage when I blew a motor. I lost the wing guns and cannons during my ladings.

Second is my 1000 series Hellcat:
This model flew in WW2 Mass launch. I made it though the first round of eliminations, I wound conservatively and flew in the second round and was eliminated. The model flew for 25 seconds in the first round and 27 seconds in the second.

I was very pleased with all my flying and now need to better trim my models and have the proper motors set up for competition.

more stories and answers next week... I need to get ready for work...

Mitch

PS: Everyone liked my models, they liked my adjustable front ends and they thought they were well built and lighter than they expected for Guillow models.
Mitch

Previous

Return to General Building Questions