Cessna 180 601

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: Cessna 180 601

Postby Bill Gaylord » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:17 am

If the solid wire is for band retention, I'd get some tubing. If there's one thing I keep on hand at all times, it's plastic and thin wall aluminum tubing sizes from 1/16" to 1/4". Good for scale gear struts, exhaust pipes, spring assisted wire slide latches for access doors, and numerous scale details and more. When I get low on a size, it always makes it on the LHS list of items to buy.
Bill Gaylord

Postby davidchoate » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:06 pm

Thanx Bill. Oddly, I just got back from Lhs and with a bushel of every size and kind of tubing they had. If you look in My photo very closely. In the background is the plans for a Pietnepol I want to build. I just got it, and it shows alum. tubing inside the wing, and running through some or most center ribs to be or act as the guide/support for the cables and or cable strut combos. Why didn't I think of that? So simple. Anyway, I was out all am, and there was a 2mph wind at the most. So I decided to fly My Cessna. Halfway to the field it increased to 10mph, but silly Me, in a sea of denial, or anticipation, or both, still went ahead. You can tell by the photo how it went. I am more than certain, however it will fly well. I glide tested it a million times, and from My other planes, I know it will be OK> The damage is very minor. Oh well, I'll wait for a better day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:08 pm

Oh. The final AUW was 48 grams. 38 grams before balance weight. If anyone cares.
davidchoate

Postby John G Jedinak » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:24 pm

very nice...........
John G Jedinak

Previous

Return to General Building Questions