my cessna 180

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

my cessna 180

Postby r wheatley » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:03 pm

finished except for the windshield, I always have trouble with these cabin windshields, any way got a pretty good glide after removing bits of clay from the nose, so tried a flight w/ about 200 turns using kit brown rubber. it flew in a shallow desent and then leveled out for a decent flight. I will re place the motor with better rubber and see what she will do

tried to load pic, but it said file to big, not sure how to fix this

Ronnie
r wheatley

Re: my cessna 180

Postby Bill Gaylord » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:24 am

Looks nice. Some of the windows on these small models are tricky. Spent quite some time trimming them out for a few of these small high wingers. Using a microscopic drop of CA in a few spots and then adding a drop of activator while holding the window in place makes it much easier. I wouldn't have the patience for other glues, although I use Pacer canopy glue after tacking the glass down, since CA tends to whiten the clear acetate and makes a mess of it.
Bill Gaylord

Postby uavdb » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:43 pm

Try using Aleen's Tacky Glue for canopy glue. There are several types that can be found in any craft store and there is a fast setting kind that works well for stuff like this. It dry's clear and can be held with masking tape (reduce the stickiness of the tape by putting the sticky side on your pants a couple of times and pulling it up) in the corner stress points while it cures. Just a thin smear will secure your windshield down in a few minutes.
uavdb

Postby davidchoate » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:58 pm

Looks nice. I have the same kit. I ordered it from Guillows, and intend to convert it to 3 channel RC using repurposed stuff from the RTF CHAMP I have. I finally saved enough money to get a new fuselage for it; as the circuit boards are only avaiable if youbuy the whole fuselage. The Champ is the only trainer that I have yet to destroy. Very easy to fly. So I now have plenty of parts. I am even thinking about flying it on rubber power.
davidchoate

Return to General Building Questions