Free Shipping!

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Free Shipping!

Postby dale » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:35 pm

Happy holidays from Guillows!
Free Shipping on all orders through December 5th!
Enjoy!

www.guillow.com
dale

Re: Free Shipping!

Postby Bill Gaylord » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:01 pm

Seems like a good time for me to make a parts order. I was given a P38 kit that needs a plastic sheet, due to being damaged. There's enough other things I could use that I could easily make $20 with.
Bill Gaylord

Postby simpleflyer » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:38 pm

Happy holidays from Guillows!

And a happy Thanksgiving and merry Christmas to Guillows from the simpleflyer.

Thanks, Dale, for the free postage, we loaded up with some plastic Wright Cyclone cowlings and Flyboy and CloudBuster rib sets,

Al
simpleflyer

Postby simpleflyer » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:42 pm

Dale, the plastic and rib sets arrived in good condition ,well packed, and the response was speedy. Thanks,

Al
simpleflyer

Postby davidchoate » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:01 pm

I just ordered a Guillows B-24 800series from Amazon for $41.00. They also are having FREE shipping for holidays. How can they sell the kits $18.00 cheaper?
davidchoate

Postby Mitch » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:31 pm

Hi Guys and Gals,

Let's see if I can answer this. I am not an Economics major but here goes my best answer. There are 2 prices, Wholesale and Retail. Although Guillow's will sell you a model directly, they sell it to you (the consumer) at Full Retail price. This is the suggested price that stores should sell. Stores will pay Wholesale price from the Manufacturer, they will then sell it at Retail or what ever price they choose. Since stores have competition, some may lower there price to undercut the competition. They can sell items at "SALE" and still make money. Some may even get rid of stock they don't want and sell it at less then wholesale. They may need room for more stock.

I thought it was a nice offer from Guillow's, although I did not use it at this time as I have ample supplies.

I give Guillow's credit for not selling at lower prices as I know of other companies who do that and that hurts the Retailer. That would be hurting your Local Hobby Shop that you can walk into and get tools and glue and everything else you need.

I hope you all have a Happy Holiday and Many Flights in the New Year.

Mitch

PS: Whenever I order things from Guillow's, it is spare parts or laser cut sheets. I am very happy that they offer these things as other companies do not!
Mitch

Return to General Building Questions