Wid's Cessna 150 FF

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: Wid's Cessna 150 FF

Postby WIDDOG » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:25 pm

Sounds like your grandson will be a future Guillow's Builder. I figured I would build the Dumas Twin Mustang and see how twin motors work. If all goes well I will try the Guillow's P 38.
WIDDOG

Postby Billy Mc » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:43 pm

WIDDOG wrote:Sounds like your grandson will be a future Guillow's Builder.

Maybe in the future, but right now he would find a way to break a sledge hammer. :lol:
Billy
Billy Mc

Postby WIDDOG » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:36 am

I was able to reduce the Cessna 150 plans from a 24 inch wing span to a 17 inch wing span. I have started the build with the wings and so far seems like a "Good" reduced plan.

WIDDOG

Postby WIDDOG » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:26 am

URL=http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/widdog/media/hp-17.jpg.html]Image[/

Will report on how it flies when the weather improves.
WIDDOG

Postby WIDDOG » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:09 am

well the weather was terrible. The model was soaking wet by the third trim flight. However, I feel that it will fly once trimmed. Also the model is fairly sturdy.

http://youtu.be/F_onbudJhYQ
WIDDOG

Postby Bill Gaylord » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:57 am

WIDDOG wrote:well the weather was terrible. The model was soaking wet by the third trim flight. However, I feel that it will fly once trimmed. Also the model is fairly sturdy.

http://youtu.be/F_onbudJhYQ

Probably want that weather back, with the 0 degree temps we've been having in these parts now lol! :D
Seriously I haven't been motivated to fly anything myself as of lately, with this wonderful weather. The little C150 looks nice BTW. Now for the fun part, the glass. :shock: Just put my time in on window glass the other day, on a high winger. Good to get it over with.

BTW, the P38. Want a Guillows? I was given one a few years ago by a guy that I gave a few rc planes too. I'll probably never get around to it. Twin boom rc projects are a LOT of work. It has a damaged lower fuse cowling plastic part on one side with a bit missing, but not horrible. Guillows has the plastic replacement parts too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill Gaylord

Postby WIDDOG » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:31 am

Hi Bill,

That is a pic of a great looking model you have there. My model was just an experiment to see if a reduced to 17 inch wing span would fly at all. It looks like it might. Now that it might fly I may build another one. Next time I build it I may try to make it look a bit nicer. LOL I did try the next day to fly rubber FF. It was cold and the rubber motor did not like the cold. It became very brittle and just did not put out any power. Also the propeller became very brittle as well.

As for the P 38 I am very interested. I'm sure I speak for a lot of members when I say we would rather read about Bill building the P 38. Since I'm just learning how to fly scale models I build them more like a 'Sport Flying" than an actual Scale model. They may not look the best but I learn a ton from trying to fly them.
WIDDOG

Postby WIDDOG » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:56 pm

Ok model flies well enough to keep working on it.

http://youtu.be/-YxHGtp470E
WIDDOG

Postby Bill Gaylord » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:14 am

Let me know on the P38 Wid. I'm sure you'll put it to good use some day. I still haven't gotten around to flying my AG Crusader that inspired the P38's development, so I'm not jumping at another twin boom, twin rudder r/c subject. Definitely not another tri-rudder subject, after building two of them. :shock: Speaking of P38's I came across this subject that looks like it has a P38 nose section grafted into it lol. Might be an interesting ducted fan project. The HP115: http://www.airmuseumsuk.org/museum/Yeov ... 0XP841.htm

Speaking of the Sterling model, it would be a great subject for Guillows to come out with. I think they may own the designs. Finished it, now maybe I'll get around to flying it some day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill Gaylord

Postby WIDDOG » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:51 pm

WOW Bill I'll try my best with the P 38. You know what I actually have something to trade for it. I have a NIB (new in box) WL Toys SU 25 RC plane.

WIDDOG

Postby Bill Gaylord » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:24 am

Sounds good. I'll get it off soon. The box will need a bit of work though, since it looks like it sat out in a field for a few years :shock: so I'll have to build around it. Contents seem fine though, other than the small area of the one plastic part mentioned. That little plane brings back memories of the Guillows Edge. :D
Bill Gaylord

Postby WIDDOG » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:09 am

I bought three of these Wl Toys 4 ch RC Su 25's. I thought I would need three to learn to fly RC. Even though I crashed this plane a lot; I have been able to make repairs. This last time I broke the propeller. The kit comes with a spare but with these cheap models changing out a prop never seems to work out right. Wrong this kit has a tiny screw that hold on the propeller. IMHO this is the best kit one can get for the money.

WIDDOG

Postby Bill Gaylord » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:56 pm

Yeah I've spent more time messing with small props that I can remember. :shock: The Guillows Edge was one of them, with the chrome spinner adapted to it. Then there's the Guillows Robin. I didn't have any prop adapters and wasn't going to wait for one, so I tapped a prop saver and used it. :D
Bill Gaylord

Previous

Return to General Building Questions