Repairs at the Messerschmitt Factory (Bf 109)

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: Repairs at the Messerschmitt Factory (Bf 109)

Postby Mitch » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:35 pm

Thanks to ALL,

I'll want to have my Dad check out the plane... He is a retired from TWA and started out as a mechanic. He got his A&E license (Airframe & Engine) using the GI Bill after WW2. I will be staging my next FAC contest from his home in Phoenix, as the contest will be close to there. I am sure he will want to come to the FAC event to see my planes fly!

Thanks again to all, Mitch

PS: Too wet to test fly my repaired 109 in Seattle, but I plan to have her up in the blue skies again in Spring! :D
Mitch

Postby davidchoate » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:27 am

Now it looks more scale. With the field repairs and all. lol. I do the same. After I fly My things and they break to where its more practical to just start over,; I give it to the LHS,and they got a little corner for Guillows. Sadly I think I'm the only one in Philly who buys,or builds them,because their always the same kits, and no, they are not restockin the same ones. I dont know why this hobby is'nt more popular. I could'nt imagine a time when I was'nt fascinated with planes. I guess I'm the misfit, and the other 99% of humanity has no interest in flight. Poor creatures.
davidchoate

Postby The Cameraman » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:09 am

davidchoate wrote: I dont know why this hobby is'nt more popular. I could'nt imagine a time when I was'nt fascinated with planes. I guess I'm the misfit, and the other 99% of humanity has no interest in flight. Poor creatures.

Hi David,

I know what you mean!

I have it bad and managed to get many hours in my beloved DHC-2 Beavers, before being grounded. Then about 18 months ago I started to follow this brilliant forum and bought myself a Guillow's Beaver but my mum was then taken ill, so the last 13 months literally all of my energies were aimed towards mum. Sadly, despite everyones untiring efforts, my lovely mum recently passed away and once I feel a little more like my old self, I will make myself a den and start construction of the Beaver. It's a shame that I haven't been able to source a supplier of the float kit for the model in the UK, so it looks like she'll be a tail dragger (a pity really as in my humble opinion, a Beaver should always be on floats!). My first build will not be a flyer but will simply hang from my ceiling and if I don't make too bad a job of it, I'll then try something like a Cessna.
Regards

Reggie
The Cameraman

Postby davidchoate » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:57 pm

I think you can get the floats in the UK, or atleast the plans. I remember a while back a person with a similar problem.
davidchoate

Postby Mitch » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:50 pm

I went to my LHS to get some music wire for my SE5a and now see my Me109 is hanging proudly at the SKYWAY MODEL SHOP!

The casual obverser will will not even notice it was severely damaged... TWICE! The 109 is only on loan and will be replaced with other models from time to time. I plan to fly this model again!

Mitch
Mitch

Postby davidchoate » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:38 am

I think you should have a GERMAN submarine in the background to go with your Luftwaffe Squadron Mitch.
davidchoate

Postby comanche163 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Beautiful Messerschmitt!

Rob
comanche163

Postby Mitch » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:19 am

Thanks for the compliments... and it is not my hobby shop, so I do not tell the owner what to display. He recently started to carry Guillow's and Dumas kits, so I offered him my model. He was delighted. The model is on loan. I will be changing the display from time to time. Other models in the shop are from other modelers and the models do rotate in and out.

I think this model looks nice because it has many 'battle scars' which I consider her badge of courage, and although she did not win her competitions, she came in third place in one, so she did out perform other airplanes! This was my first Guillow's model that I did NOT follow the plans exactly. I started to make specific changes to decrease her weight and increase her flight performance.

Mitch
Mitch

Previous

Return to General Building Questions