Guillows/DPC Bristol Bullet

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Guillows/DPC Bristol Bullet

Postby scigs30 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:40 pm

I have the entire collection of these OOP kits, these are some of the best kits put out by Guillows. The wood is heavy and die crushed and the plastic parts are heavy. I wanted this plane to fly so I ordered laser cut parts from DPC models, excellent quality wood and laser cutting. I built the kit as per the plans except the balsa nose to replace the plastic nose and I used Micro RC wheels instead of the heavy plastic wheels. For covering I used Silver Domestic tissue and Linen Domestic tissue applied with 50/50 white glue and brushed 2 coats of dope to seal. As shown she weighs 24 grams, not bad and is ready for flight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scigs30

Re: Guillows/DPC Bristol Bullet

Postby scigs30 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:42 pm

More pictures
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scigs30

Postby Mitch » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:24 pm

She looks GREAT!

I wish Guillow's would have never stopped making these kits, but I think the dies just wore out. When I was a kid, Guillow's was only making 6. I did not even know there were 12 in the series, until just a few years ago! These were the kits I made when I was young as they were all I could afford at 1 dollar!

I will love to here about how she flies and what are you using for rubber and prop?

Mitch
Mitch

Postby Wildpig » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:26 pm

You're not married are you, scigs?

Where do you find time to build all these models?

She ought to be a nice flyer at 24 grams. :D
Wildpig

Return to General Building Questions