Newbie to the forum & building balsa aircraft

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: Newbie to the forum & building balsa aircraft

Postby Billy Mc » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:39 pm

Sounds like you may need some down thrust.
Billy
Billy Mc

Postby tail spin » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:19 am

A serious time for me to cram for :wink: the "Trimming for flight" school lessons !
tail spin

Postby davidchoate » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:07 pm

Good choice for a first build, but anyone will tell you the 500's are very good display models,but not good flyers. From My experience anyway; I did a P-40 display, and I Loved it. I just did a #00 Champ Rc, and I know I got it right this time, but am not ready for the maiden.I did a Bf109 500 and won 2nd place in a contest. It was intended to be a RC, but it wasnt gonna work, so I used the hinged aelerons and stiff to make it look evem more scale. I Beat out even the Plastic Models. Something about Scale balsa, just is appealing. !st place went to a scale (functioning gauges) F4u Cockpit. He deserved it. The photos are in My old files and hard to bring up or I'd show you. Hope ypu stay with it and any questions feel free to ask.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
davidchoate

Postby tail spin » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:02 am

Wow! Nice eye candy :mrgreen: I am happy to hear you beat out plastic! I have seen some real nice work from those IPMS modelers so your build would be a delight to see on any contest table. I plan on keeping in the hobby & thanks for the 500 series flight heads up. I think my P51 is the 500 series. I was hoping some day to build as an electric RC but a nice display model hanging in the Media/ Music room will add nice detail to the Guitars & amps! Eager to return to the bench hopefully soon as I heal. Thank you for the inspiration! :wink:
BTW, I some day wish to add either a Cub Cadet or a Bird dog for FF soon .
tail spin

Postby tail spin » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:04 am

Correction :? my P51 is a 400 series Most likely it will be a FF .
tail spin

Previous

Return to General Building Questions