3rd plane

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: 3rd plane

Postby Angie332 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:13 pm

2014072721094200.jpg

Almost done :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Angie332

Postby davidchoate » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:38 pm

What was your weight? I couldnt understand the scale. I see you left off the Landing Gear. I Love the camo. and the decal placement looks ok. I was wondering. Did you use kit tissue? It looks a littl like it didnt shrink good. But I am rooting for you. I hope it flies. Those 500 kits are tough. I tried to maiden my Zreo 404 kit. Finally got the guts, but she wouldnt take off. I gottta go to a brushless motor, and I'll put some pics of all the weight I had to use to balance. I cant see this flying under rubber power. I was amazed though at how well it taxied and syteered without a moveable tail wheeel. I was just going up and down the street. I would've been happy if even the tail lifted, but after 20 or so feet it reached max speed and nothing. I hit a curb on the turn around and got very minor damage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
davidchoate

Postby Angie332 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:00 pm

Mmm. That camo Icall cchocolate mint ice cream :-) it was done in a patch work form like making a quilt. It eas wrinkled a little cause Igot her wet trying to stick the decals. I used the tissue paper frim Michaels. Didn't want to paint her any more than I had to. I am bound and determined to fly one of my kits. David the weight is 5/8oz thats to much isn't it? I sanded on that wood trying to cut weight out as much as I could. We will see. You would be happy to know guys I have waiting to be built next is a zero 400 series. Happy me.. can't wait to start her. :-) any ways happy building :-)
Angie332

Postby Angie332 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:42 pm

t]
20140729_171917.jpg

Maybe you can see this better :-) the wrinkles it has was my falt not the poor tissue:-)
Angie332

Postby Angie332 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:50 pm

Sorry for the bad test flight.:-( I have done the taxi thing up and down our street. I have a Styrofoam gee bee. I opened it up going down the street she was taking off. I freaked out ( cause well I am afraid to fly her. ) She turned into the curb and took off the landing gear. Bad ... she's fixed now we was able to glue them back together. I ran to our hobby store and got new landing gear..LoL. they aren't making this rc any more. Don't know why. I suppose they are going bigger with It :-)
Angie332

Postby Mitch » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:03 am

Looks Great. I use domestic light tissue from easybuiltmodels.com they have about 28 colors. I laid on Desert Tan first over the entire model. Then I cut out cut out patterns as per Guillow plans of Olive Green. The underside of my Spit is covered in Light Grey. I had one coat of dope over the entire model. Then I would lightly spray the green paper with a mist of water and lay it on where I wanted it. Then I covered the model with another coat of dope. My 400 Spit is the biggest and heaviest model in the 400 series and although it flew I need to make adjustments to make it better! It has a large wing so I believe it has potential to be a good flyer, although some say it is difficult to trim.

Mitch... Keep Building, Keep Flying, Heep having FUN!
Mitch

Postby davidchoate » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:47 am

I'm not so good on metric conversion, but I know its 28g's an oz., and 5/8oz. may be like 15g's? Which is good. You need to set your scale to metric for more accurate weights. And whenever I go for lightness; wrinkles are a secondary concern. sometimes you cant help them.
davidchoate

Postby Angie332 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:22 am

Hey guys, I probably shouldn't say this either :-) but last night I attempted to fly my spitfire. I posted a video on Facebook. If y'all wanna see look for Angie Moore and there she will be. Y'all can watch my short clip and give advice on it :-) I feel she is close to flying. It wants to fly. That I do know. Thank you all of you for the much need help in this hobby :-)
Angie332

Postby davidchoate » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:54 am

excellent, but being an elderly 46 year old, i'm not too good on computers,and so can u send me a friend request? David W Choate on fb
davidchoate

Postby Mitch » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:46 am

Hi Angie, et al...

I'm here in Kodiak... I think scales can choose from English or Metric. Most people measure in grams and that is what I do. Could you post your link here so we can see your flight? Is it on youtube? I have 3 posts on youtube of short flights. It is hard to do fly and do a photo shoot at the same time. People say the Spitfire is on of the hardest planes to get to fly well. I think you will do well with the 404 Zero. I will be post some pictures of my progress when I get home of my NEW Zero.

Keep Building, Keep Flying, Stay Young Forever! Mitch :D
Mitch

Postby davidchoate » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:02 am

Yes. You can put link to your videos. I Finally got a camera. A good one,and it takes videos, but its so hard, like Mitch said, to film as you fly. Really need another person with me, but no one I know likes planes. Can you beleive that?
davidchoate

Postby Angie332 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:55 pm

David I am sorry I sould help you if you was close... I enjoy them so much. My husband was to cool to me. He got my a ride in the texan AT6 the pilot did rills, loops and a cubin 8. then to top things of I got to sit in the p40
Angie332

Postby davidchoate » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:08 pm

That's awesome ! I used to go flying with my boss on weekends. He had a single engine Mooney, But nothin like youre ride. I wish my Girlfriend would do something like that for me. Sundays my 46th birthday, maybe if I wish hard enough. You are so lucky . The closest I ever got to a ww2 plane was at airshows, and it was a corsair. They are very impressive up close are'nt they? And when the Cosair flew, the sound of just the engine was like a music to me. Being a Mechanic and all, I love the sound of a perfectly tuned Engine. The Messerschmitt, Though never heard in real life, just on utube is my favorite. It has this whine of the supercharger that is most beautiful, and powerful sound I ever heard in my life, and I've heard alot of engines.
davidchoate

Postby Billy Mc » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:25 pm

Would like to see your video, but can't find you on FB. There is many people named Angie Moore. Can you post a link to the video or your FB page?
Billy
Billy Mc

Postby Angie332 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:35 pm

2014082518324400.jpg

Not sure how to post links .... so I'll just show y'all me :-) look for that picture Angie Moore some place on my Facebook is the video :-) happy hunting
Angie332

PreviousNext

Return to General Building Questions