lancer build for G Challenge.

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: lancer build for G Challenge.

Postby davidchoate » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:06 pm

I got this very nice "smart" camera, and I can E-mail the pics and also change the size. The size you see is the smallest, but you only have to click on it to view it full size. .But anyway,I'm covering my Lancer. I think i'm gonna leave itWhite, and just give it a light coat of clear Laquer. I have'nt tried this before, but the weight is good so far. Also they do not reccommend a double loop of rubber motor, but I'm doin it anyway. Am I O.K. with that Mitch, or am I askin for trouble.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:14 pm

It was very humid this weekend. I had to peel the tissue off the wing a few times. Finally I took it downstairs into the AC, and it worked great, but now i'm worried that when i take it out in the humid air; It's gonna shrivel ! Hope the Clear Laquer seals it good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:19 pm

I know it aint a Guillows, but I just had to sneak it in. Sorry, It's as easy as a Guillows kit though ! It's my first build from plans, Called a Swallow.
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:53 am

got it mostly covered. should be ready to fly soon.
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:40 pm

It weighs 37g's all together,covered, and painted with clear. Is that a good weight for this plane? And is the double loop of rubber O.K., or will it have negative results?. I'd really like to paint the fuselage blue to make it look nicer seeing how it's my G-Challenge contestant. What do you think?
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:43 am

I'm finishing it now. Just adding some detail. At 40 grams it's the lightest plane i've built so far. I believe it's going to fly well.
davidchoate

Postby Bill Gaylord » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:33 pm

Nice color choice David. :D
Bill Gaylord

Postby davidchoate » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:41 am

except for a couple minor cosmetic details, I'm gonna call it done. I was happy to end up without having to add any weight to achieve the recommended balance.
davidchoate

Postby WIDDOG » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:27 pm

Super Cool... Great looking model!
WIDDOG

Postby davidchoate » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:41 pm

I shortened my motor as per advice. When they say 1 1/2 distancce from peg tp hook. Does that mean if it were 12" from peg to hook . Them my motor should be18"? Thats not even 2 lops? But anyway. I'm ready for my Lancer maiden. I made a final adjustment. I double tissued the area where the wing seats for strenghth. Oh, Is this the same rubber as in the kits?
davidchoate

Postby WIDDOG » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:10 pm

12 inch length times number of strands in this case 2 equals 24. Than times 1.5 equals 36 inches. Since A2z closed down I have been ordering my rubber from Valore Products Shorty's Basement. http://volareproducts.com/BUY/index.php ... Path=56_37.
WIDDOG

Postby davidchoate » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:17 am

Thanx Widdog. I adjusted the motor length, and redid some of the tissue on the wing. The humidity around here is causing problems. One day its smooth, and the next it looks horrible; also I noticed the Elmers glue stick will come unadhered in spots when extremely humid.
davidchoate

Postby WIDDOG » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:25 am

Have you ever tried Johnson Pledge Floor shine to Finish/Seal the tissue. Just brush it on over the un doped model and it makes a nice finish. Odorless and water clean up clear Acrylic finish. Inexpensive and can be bought at the Local Walmart.

WIDDOG

Postby davidchoate » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:04 am

No but I will. I try everything. Thanx Widdog
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:08 am

I didnt record my times,like I said , I am still trimming. I tried several times to get a photo or video of My Lancer in flight , but its near impossible by Myself.
davidchoate

PreviousNext

Return to General Building Questions