The Best Little Hobby Shop in the Great NW

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

The Best Little Hobby Shop in the Great NW

Postby Mitch » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:41 am

Hey Guys,

The Best Hobby Shop for plastic models just got better as the owner decided to expand his range and start carrying Guillows and Dumas models.
The store is located in Renton, Skyway Model Shop: skywaymodelshop.com
Check out his website and if you live near Seattle or visiting, his shop is worth a visit.
Right now he has some 1000 series Guillows and 30" ws Dumas.

This is where I got my models for the upcoming Battle of Britain (He ordered these for me).

Moreover the store is where I get my 1/16 scale pilot figures:
For my next generation of 400 series I will have removable wheels, so I can park my planes. I plan to have the pilot standing beside his aircraft for a photo shoot. Companies that make figures in 1/16 scale: Tamiya, Eduard, and MiniArt.

I showed the owner the Me-109 E, after my trim flights, and he liked it. He plans to get more of Dumas 30" ws Race models and expand his Guillow range to the 400 series. In the near future he will be displaying one of my models over his service area, and we plan to hang a different model each month.

Mitch... Spreading the Joy of Building and Flying BALSA models to everyone! :D

PS: Right after the Blitz over Poland I plan to build these planes for the Battle of Britain. I decide to build the Guillows 400 series rather than using the 1940 plans that I have. Those plans build the model in a different manner, with fuselage stick construction NOT half frames. The Dumas model is designed in that fashion. I do not believe Guillows plans to create a Hurricane in the 800 or 1000 series as the Dumas 30" ws model is exactly 1/16 scale.
Mitch

Return to General Building Questions