The Blitzkrieg on Poland

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: The Blitzkrieg on Poland

Postby BillParker » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:20 pm

PZL P.11a
Unit: 111 Eskadra Mysliwska, 4 Pulk Lotniczy
Serial: 3 (7.22)
Based at Warsaw. The first production variant.

bp
William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Postby John G Jedinak » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:40 am

I love these PZL's. The 303rd Kosciuszko, is my favorite!!
John G Jedinak

Postby BillParker » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:24 pm

Hawker Hurricane Mk.I, RF-U, P3975, No. 303 Squadron, Northoli, September 1940. In this machine Sgt Josef Frantisek (Czech) scored his first victory. Later, he claimed another three confirmed tallies achieved in its cockpit. Nevertheless, there were also other pilots of No. 303 Squadron at the controls of this mount such us P/O Witold Lokuciewski who succeeded in it on September 7, 1940. Two days later Sgt Josef Frantisek claimed a He.111 and Bf.109. During the engagement the Hurricane was extensively damaged, so Frantisek had to carry out a forced landing near Palmer. The P3975 was then repaired, and on September 17, 1940, flown by Sgt Miroslaw Wojciechowski, its machine guns destroyed a Bf.109. Throughout Battle of Britain, pilots of No.303 Squadron claimed 6-1-0 victories achieved in this aircraft.

William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Postby woundedbear » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:00 pm

Hello the woundedbear here really nice builds. I have a 1/24 scale Stuka, "don't get upset anyone". It's a plastic kit, anyway it has decails and the paint skeem of that German pilot who wrote that book,"Stuka pilot", where he brages about strafing Polish civilions dureing the blizkrieg of Poland. Yep, he was a true beleaver in that "super race junk". They sent him to the Russion front where he did real well for himself. Of course he high tailed it back to surender to the Ailies, the Russions would have stroung him up I'm sure. "Oh Yeah" he pranged his aircraft as a last act of defience . Well model on dudes !....darn it why don't they have spell check on this thing
woundedbear

Postby NavyAD1 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:24 am

That German pilot was Hans-Ulrich Rudel, a dyed in the wool Nazi.
NavyAD1

Postby Mitch » Wed May 04, 2016 4:15 am

Hi Model Builders

I called up this old posting to show how I build my thrust adjustment. Check pages 2 and 3. I retro fitted an early 109, repaired another 109 and my new construction is shown.

Some photos I deleted from my photobucket account because that is getting filled up.

I hope this explains how I do things. The plastic cowling is just a skin for me, no structural support.

Mitch
Mitch

Postby Chris A. » Wed May 04, 2016 1:29 pm

Hans Ulrich-Rudel is lucky he had an extraordinary gunner to defend the rear of the Stuka. He's the guy I'd want to meet.
Chris A.

Previous

Return to General Building Questions