1903 Wright build

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: 1903 Wright build

Postby davidchoate » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:58 pm

First model? Nice job. I'm sorry, but I have to laugh at the fact that as bright as you seem to be, you neglected to think about turning over the Plan Sheet!LOL. I'm sorry, but is is a bit funny. I have been getting in the habit of going to Office Depot, or Staples, and copying the plans, as I am a horrible pilot, and am always doing repairs, and making templates, and this way I preserve the original if I need it in the future, and use the copies for templates, and getting messed up with glue, and whatnot. One thing I did notice is that pic you showed of the wing template jig liner upper thing. That is arguably the best method of aligning wings on all biplanes while installing the struts. I trace the fuselage outline off the plan and then make a locator jig from cardboard. sometimes I will tack on temporary locator struts to hold things straight if I need to get the jig out of the way. That is the only time I ever saw that method used by Guillows. I actually picked it up from another kind of model co. But biplanes are cool, and i'm gonna be having 3 soon. My Stearman is ready for filling and sanding. Again, very nice plane. I think they could've done better giving you a 3d pilot figure , but other than that, She's a beauty.
davidchoate

Previous

Return to General Building Questions