Stearman build

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Stearman build

Postby davidchoate » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:40 pm

this is the kit they gave me for parts fit feeImage
dback. I won't mention any problems; cause there were'nt any.
davidchoate

Re: Stearman build

Postby davidchoate » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:59 pm

I am making it RC, but this did'nt affect the build as far as the laser parts.One thing I don't believe had anything to do wiyh the new parts, but I noticed the stringers are cnot long enough in places. luckily I have a stock of 400 series leftovers; Oh; and this is the only Guillows kit That the lower wing fit perfect. I did'n't use the vinyl stuff for the gear; I used 1/16 plywood, and I'm thinking to use it for c the wing supports too. I will in fill at points I thinkj necesary, and believe it's gonna balance without too much trouble either.Image
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:06 pm

The next time u see it there should be covering on itImage
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:47 am

Anyone ever seen a blu P-51 before? with B&W squad marks on belly? I want to make one with that colors,but I like it to be real.
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:49 pm

I got 2 kits, but gotta get the plastic pieces; But I've beeen thinking i can make alot,especially the engine out of balsa.
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:45 pm

very nice plane she is holding. So many color schemes. I'm thinkin about the Gray Texaco Sceme, or the traditional Yellow & blue.Image
I might do the Grwey Texaco paint jubImage

Hrr Engine looks perfect, I'm definitely painting my valve covers aluminum
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:53 pm

i have been very busy at my new job. not alot of time to work on my stearman, but i took a poll on my facebook, and it seems more people prefer the yellow and ble colors. i would really like to do it in grey though. its different. i (now that I can afford it) am going to buy a trainer BNF(bind n fly) and improve my piloting skills before I wreck any more planes. I'm thinking the PT-17 may be a good trainer. I need a plane that can fly slow and is forgiving to an entry level pilot
davidchoate

Postby Wildpig » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:59 pm

davidchoate wrote:Image
Anyone ever seen a blu P-51 before? with B&W squad marks on belly? I want to make one with that colors,but I like it to be real.

There is a P-51 flying around these days named "Obsession". It's got a lot of blue in it's paint scheme. You might could google it.
Wildpig

Postby davidchoate » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:34 pm

im seriously thinking about the grey color scheme. what do you guys think?and also I have followed these p-17 build threads, and wonder about maybe covering with topflite, or some other type. what do yiou guys think?
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:36 am

I even saw a picture of a PY-17 that was grey ann white diagonal striped around fuselage. kinda like a candy cane. But I got plenty of time to decide on a color scheme. my electrics just got here yesterday, and I 'm going to hook up the controls this time BEFOTRE I cover it. its alot easier to adjust, and even start over if u mess up while it,s un covered. I believe this PT-17 is gonna fly quite well.
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 am

I cant wait to get back on this project. I joined an RC club and they got a BiPlane event in March.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:45 am

oh, I bought a bunch of stuff for gluing plastic, and testors paints for the plastic parts,and 4 micro servos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:38 am

i'm going to start on this build again tomorrow.
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:47 am

OK. I am going to finish this build I started a year ago. I am using Bill G's thread as a guide. What motor size did you use Bill? I am not going to use monokute though. Probable tisue, or silk. I also may decide to change the aileron setup to a servo n each wing instead of the DuBro link setup, or maybe even Sullivan Golden Cable, i'm not sure yet.
davidchoate

Postby davidchoate » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:34 am

Guess I'll start with the plastics, and cardboard pieces.
davidchoate

Next

Return to General Building Questions