Free Flight Jet models.

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: Free Flight Jet models.

Postby WIDDOG » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:36 am

Also some of you may know Bill and I have worked out a trade for a Guillow's P 38. I would like to re negotiate my end of the trade. Originally I had offered a WL Toys 4 ch Su 25. The problem I just thought of was Bill may not have a Wl Toys Quadcopter or a controller that would bind to this plane. I instead would like to offer this F 14 2 ch Tomcat for trade for the Guillow's P 38. I think Bill could convert this F 14 from 2 ch to 4 ch. I really don't think i'm there yet and probably could not convert it. I don't mean to waste anyone's time its just that I think both these models are kind of interesting. Also I really think that Bill could convert this model.
WIDDOG

Postby WIDDOG » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:37 pm

I got my test prototype built and tested. Surprisingly it glides fairly well.

WIDDOG

Postby Bill Gaylord » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:25 pm

I've thought about one of these as a 30mm EDF conversion for ages. The Today's Hobbies balsa jets on Ebay look interesting too, but would be a good bit heavier than the Guillows. I'm sure it does glide well. I built a GWS F15 some years ago, with a good bit of CF reinforcing and iron-on covering. Not light, but it would glide forever, with all the added body lift. Literally glided like some of the light, high wing balsa models I've built.
Bill Gaylord

Postby WIDDOG » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:54 am

Hi Bill, thanks for posting.

I was very surprised at how well this kit actually does glide. I had an old 2 ch F 14 kit with two brushed motors. Long story short I have a 2 ch f 14 Air Hogs so I went ahead and upgraded the old f 14. I upgraded it by adding two servo's and making it a Delta Mix tail. Unfortunately it was made back when they used Styrofoam to make Foamies. I don't think it will last very long. The model is roughly the same size as a Guillow's F 14. When it gets smashed up beyond repair I will take the motors and electronics out of it and put it in a Guillow's kit.

WIDDOG

Previous

Return to General Building Questions