GUILLOWS *B-29 SUPERFORTRESS* MODEL KIT on E-Bay

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: GUILLOWS *B-29 SUPERFORTRESS* MODEL KIT on E-Bay

Postby davidchoate » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:37 pm

I Got a a Puss Moth kit #306 sealed in the plastic for $10.00 The shipping was 10.00. I Emailed the seller, and asked if He had any more kits he wanted to part with to let Me know, but that I really didn't need to have it shipped overnite. A very nice guy. The kit is pristine,the wood perfect, and the only sign of age is the yellow tissue discolored from the contacting the balsa. It was mas made in 1962, and the catalog has some very interecsing kits out iof production. The Storch is one.And sadly a whole line of WW -1 bipes with a 18" WS. Theres no B-29, but they had 3 400 series.P-51,ME-109,and Zero Sen. They cost $4.95.The 300 series was $2.25, and the 500 series $1.29.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
davidchoate

Postby Bill Gaylord » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:09 pm

Mitch wrote:Hey Guys,

As for the Peashooter for 30 dollars, could it be that Dumas makes a Peashooter now in laser cut and the price is about 30 dollars.

When I buy a model from ebay, it is to build not for an investment. But my flying models still have mishaps and get damaged, therefore I am more careful with kits that are OOP.

http://www.dumasproducts.com/popup_imag ... 64&image=0

As for the B-29... If I was interested I would pay no more than the price of a 2000 series kit. Right now I have the B-17 I bought for about half price... I need to build that first!

Most of the Guillow kits I bought on ebay are the 100 series. I usually bought them for about 20 dollars (what I think they would cost if still in production) I did spend a bit more for the Albatross, Pfalz, and Halberstadt. I do not buy them anymore because you can get plans that are OOP for free from Hip Pocket, and you can buy laser cut parts for all the 100 series from DPC models for 18 dollars. There are a few 100 series kits on ebay now for 20 dollars. I think the most common are the Fokker D7 and the SE5a. :D

DPC does NOT have the parts for the 200 series DH 4, or the Rumpler. :(

Mitch
The Dumas Peashooter is tiny. I converted that one for r/c 3 channel also, but it's far different from the 28" span Sterling model. The Dare P26 is similar to the Sterling's size, but not built often either, since it's a lot of work to properly build a P26.

Agreed with the price I would pay for one also. From a collector's standpoint I think there are far too many out there to demand what they are asking. The reason they want so much is that people are holding onto them which makes them scarce, although obviously not building them of course. Once that changes a bit, the price probably will drop just like the Sterling P26 did.
Bill Gaylord

Postby BillParker » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:34 pm

If you have netflix, and have a few minutes to watch an airplane movie...

check out:

Fortress (2012)

The film follows the crew of the Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress bomber Lucky Lass as they fly in the campaign against Italy during World War II.

and...

"No B-17s were harmed during this movie"

There's a great sequence where a couple of P-40's come to the rescue....

The whole deal is CGI (Computer-generated imagery) but in HD on my big screen... well... It was very good...

bp
William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Postby BillParker » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:44 pm

BillParker

Postby FsFalcon » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:26 pm

If the seller keeps dropping the price $25 after each failed listing, I might be willing to bid sometime next February/March. :D
FsFalcon

Postby davidchoate » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:45 am

Thanks Bill Gaylord for that info on the 100 series kits, and beside the laser cut parts, are the plastic pieces, if any, available also. My first plane ever I made 35 years ago was a Guillows 100 biplane of some kind; and I have been dying to get one built.
davidchoate

Postby Bill Gaylord » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:14 pm

davidchoate wrote:Thanks Bill Gaylord for that info on the 100 series kits, and beside the laser cut parts, are the plastic pieces, if any, available also. My first plane ever I made 35 years ago was a Guillows 100 biplane of some kind; and I have been dying to get one built.
That was Mitch's post about DPC models. I hear they're nice kits, but I don't believe any plastic parts are available. It might be worth it for them to include molded cowlings. I had a kit manufacturer use my Bristol M1c glass spinner to make a mold for their kits. There are probably modelers out there who would send them well made parts, for them to make molds from, for vacuum molded parts.

FsFalcon wrote:If the seller keeps dropping the price $25 after each failed listing, I might be willing to bid sometime next February/March. :D
LOL! I get a kick out of these people who think that they can just list any price, and it will sell on Ebay. I might be willing to bid someday too when it's in bidding range, otherwise his price is a Buy It Now and Have It Shipped To You Yesterday price.
Bill Gaylord

Postby BillParker » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:30 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-brand-new-Guillows-flying-model-kits-/291297455147?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item43d2ae6c2b

anything under about 80 bucks is a pretty good deal.... Some of y'all who are new to stick and tissue might gain a great deal of experience with a deal like this...

just sayin'...

bp
BillParker

Postby Bill Gaylord » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:11 pm

This guy's still trying to scam people and at it again, showing a photo of the Guillows B29 and B17, when what he's really selling is a cheap printwood Comet P38. Totally against Ebay policies about misrepresenting items. I imagine the bidders will get Ebay to retract their bids, when they find out they are being tricked, as they must have done with this character in the past. People don't $34 dollars for the Comet P38 kit. Then again it's possible someone may be smart enough to know that they can probably get the Comet P38 for free. File a dispute afterward saying that you didn't get your B29 and B17, and you will likely get all your money back.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Comet-Flying-Ba ... 20f0559029
Bill Gaylord

Postby BillParker » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:07 pm

I couldn't help but go look, and as much as I hate to say it, 34 bucks is the cpeapest of the 4 or 5 comet 38's on e-bay at the moment.

This particular guy is actually a motorcycle parts saleman, who apparently got his hands on 3 kits. He sold the 17... looks like he'll sell the 38... Ain't NOBUDDY biting on the 29...

and...

If there are any of you who appreciate old BOLEX 8 mm movie equipment... Boy do you want to talk to me...

send me a note:

bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Postby Bill Gaylord » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:58 pm

BillParker wrote:I couldn't help but go look, and as much as I hate to say it, 34 bucks is the cpeapest of the 4 or 5 comet 38's on e-bay at the moment.

This particular guy is actually a motorcycle parts saleman, who apparently got his hands on 3 kits. He sold the 17... looks like he'll sell the 38... Ain't NOBUDDY biting on the 29...

and...

If there are any of you who appreciate old BOLEX 8 mm movie equipment... Boy do you want to talk to me...

send me a note:

bparker@parkerinfo.com

Post the BOLEX 8mm stuff along with a box photo of your Guillow's B29 and it may boost your sale, lol. :lol:

Speaking of P38s, one of these days I'll have to build mine. I got it from a friend that I donated a few rc planes to. It really needs one of the plastic sheets, as there's a good bit missing from damage to one of the boom parts. I could fabricate it, but it would be better to just order the replacement vacuum parts sheet. Cheaper than having to buy the entire kit.
Bill Gaylord

Previous

Return to General Building Questions