WTF?!?!?!

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

WTF?!?!?!

Postby Squishyp38 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:09 am

http://img.antiquesreporter.com.au/100503CLME/372.jpg

I guess you really can make a brick fly............

I want one!
The P-38 is arguably the best... Forget that, it is THE BEST fighter of world war two, and is epically AWESOME!
Squishyp38
Squishyp38

Postby jensheydel » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:31 am

It's only a question of Horsepower !!

Cheers, Jens
jensheydel

Postby jensheydel » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:39 am

http://youtu.be/G8VGsgUDzak

Follow the link above to YouTube for one very unusual flying machine

Cheers, Jens
jensheydel

Postby Supercubber95 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:56 pm

Who put an "S" in lisp? :P
Supercubber95

Postby Steve Blanchard » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:58 pm

A design of the late great Dave Stott is shown here on a windy day at a contest in Wawayanda NY. Dave lost his on a very long flight and these have been known to do over a minute on a calm day. The design in the Hungareon Embryo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRaaJZDT ... re=related

Steve
Steve Blanchard

Postby SteveM » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:35 pm

ADW 123 wrote:see they have sites for stuff like this.
SteveM

Postby Supercubber95 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Sorry :oops:
Who put an "S" in lisp? :P
Supercubber95

Postby Squishyp38 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:18 pm

steve, do you now wher I can get plans for one of these?
The P-38 is arguably the best... Forget that, it is THE BEST fighter of world war two, and is epically AWESOME!
Squishyp38
Squishyp38

Postby Squishyp38 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:19 pm

sorry about the non-guillow related post, but I thought it was so weird I wad to post something right away!
Squishyp38
Squishyp38

Postby Steve Blanchard » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:07 am

I believe the quote of ADW123 was from the thread with the items for sale. I see no problem in posting other points of interest as long as they are along the lines of what we do as a hobby. If this is the opinion of the masses then so be it but all builds, Guillows or not, are steps in all of our improvements in the hobby we all enjoy. I think it is great that Guillow's hosts this site and lets us talk amongst ourselves about their products and our hobby. If someone builds kits or plans other than Guillow's and they learn something new that will help them adjust their next Guillow's build to fly better or build better then it is only going to increase their enjoyment and passion for this hobby and more than likely spend more money on all kits an supplies including Guillow's. Please let everyone feel free to discuss all points of interest in this hobby here without fear of overstepping the boundaries of Guillow's kits. I know I'd run out of a lot of things to say if it was that narrow of a forum. I certainly wouldn't know anything about competitive free flight if all I ever did was build Guillow's kits. I enjoy their kits and encourage everyone to at least build a couple and learn how to improve on them as I do every plan or kit I build from.

Sorry for the rant,

Steve

p.s. Squish, join the Flying Aces Club and plans like that will be free to you every 2 months in the newsletter. PM me with your address and I'll mail you a plan.
Steve Blanchard

Postby cliffm » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:28 am

I enjoyed your comment and say Amen to that. The sharing of knowledge and experience in modeling is what I come to this site for and how would you ever be able to appreciate the quality of a guillows kit if you have'nt built something else. I love their plans and because I build for display mostly I don't care about the heavy wood. As I look to building a FF rubber powered sometime this year I will be shopping around. I have'nt ruled guillows out, but I like to see what's offered out there inthe world of FF.
cliffm

Postby SteveM » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:24 pm

Steve Blanchard wrote:I believe the quote of ADW123 was from the thread with the items for sale. I see no problem in posting other points of interest as long as they are along the lines of what we do as a hobby. If this is the opinion of the masses then so be it but all builds, Guillows or not, are steps in all of our improvements in the hobby we all enjoy. I think it is great that Guillow's hosts this site and lets us talk amongst ourselves about their products and our hobby.

Exactly. A highly prized Guillow's B-29 kit offered for sale is forbidden, but some "cool" flying ship and video links are allowed by the volunteer forum police?

I have no problem with Squishy posting this thread or the links that follow. I have no problem with Comet build threads or links to build logs for non-Guillow's products or pictures of a non-Guillow's model used as an example of a technique that you used. What I have a problem with is posts like the one that I quoted being applied unequally.

That said, I don't care to see more than one or two pictures of your lap dog or model ship. They have sites for that.
SteveM

Postby Steve Blanchard » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:07 pm

I'm sorry, I don't follow you. What model ship or lap dog are you talking about? I'm having a bit of trouble reading you at this point. Are you angry with my last post? Are you agreeing with it? Please clarify.

Thanks,

Steve
Steve Blanchard

Postby SteveM » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:22 pm

Steve Blanchard wrote:I'm sorry, I don't follow you. What model ship or lap dog are you talking about? I'm having a bit of trouble reading you at this point. Are you angry with my last post? Are you agreeing with it? Please clarify.

I'm not angry and agree with your post. So far I have yet to be bothered by any non-SPAM threads on this forum because I am fairly easy going once I'm had my morning caffeine and know how to not click on threads with topics that don't interest me.

The lap dog and model ship comment was simply to say that I understand many of us have more than one interest and passion and I don't mind seeing a picture of two of that ship model you just finished and am very proud of, just don't post a build thread of it here.
SteveM

Postby Squishyp38 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:29 pm

what is funny is a found this while looking for comet kits on the web......
Squishyp38
Squishyp38

Next

Return to General Building Questions