Gutentag from Germany

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Gutentag from Germany

Postby jensheydel » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:54 am

Hello everyone :D

I thought as a new member here I would start by saying hello to everyone. It has been many years since I had a model from Guillows but now that some of the lineup is LASERCUT !!! (huurray woot woot 8) ) it is time to get one them. Ofcourse in Germany that is not exactly easy but thanks to the export group from Guillows (thank you Ms. V. ) they were able to steer me to an importer and now my 400 series Messerschmitt is on the way per express post!!. Granted I should also add that I used to live in the USA and in the seventies discovered Guillows and likely built just about all of their planes at least once.

Some of these actually flew others succombed .. death by firecracker and most had at least a few parts that were die crushed to the point of no return. But now that Guillows has begun lasercutting ... well time for a journey into my youth without the fear of die crush.

So I am looking forward to reading along here and hoping to learn some new things and share what I know.

Best wishes from Dresden, Germany
Jens
jensheydel

Postby TJH » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:37 am

Guten Tag, Jens!
Wie geht es dir?

Welcome, looking forward to seeing your work!

Best regards, Tim
TJH

Postby jensheydel » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Hello Tim,

Mir geht es gut danke, und dir ? Well the Messerschmitt 401 LC arrived today and although I am going to convert her to RC operation (4 channels) I am hoping to still be permitted to post even though this forum is more about free flight. Quite a few interesting builds here and many interesting tips from what I have read thus far. Kudos hats off and respect to Guillows for going the Lasercut road, I hope given time they convert their entire line-up to this.

Cheers, Jens
jensheydel

Postby Supercubber95 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Welcome! And like Mr. Duckett just said, it ain't restricted. I'd say cotrol line and freeflight are the most popular on this forum, but any which way you can think of to fly 'em or not to fly 'em is awesome.
Supercubber95

Postby jensheydel » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:03 am

Hi supercubber,

Great I will likely begin posting some pics in a new thread though since this one was really just thought of to say hello to everyone.

Hello David Duckett,

First off respect hats off and more respect, I have looked at the pictures of your models here ... wow! I am glad to see this is not a single sided forum, I am member in some that take it quite literally.

Hello TJH,

I just sanded the surface of the hobby table so I have a level surface (you know how it is with glue and paint blobs ... LOL) so I am hoping to start posting soon.

Cheers, Jens
jensheydel

Postby BillParker » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:35 am

Messerschmitt 401 LC arrived today and although I am going to convert her to RC operation (4 channels)

We all will want to see many photos of you conversion. No detail is too small. We who fly U-Control want to understand R/C... We'll all be watching, and standing by to help you in any way we can...

(From BabelFish)

Alle wir wünschen viele Fotos von Ihnen sehen Umwandlung. Kein Detail ist zu klein. Wir, die U-Steuerung fliegen, möchten R/C verstehen… We' alles ll passt auf und steht bereit, um Ihnen in jeder Hinsicht zu helfen, die wir können…

bp
William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Postby jensheydel » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:13 am

Gotta love those online translations now if I took that and translated it back into english LOL

But seriously ... I am going to get a bit of work done on the Bf 109 and then begin the build thread so there is actually some progress to be seen.

Jens
jensheydel

Welcome

Postby simonlschmitz » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:13 am

Welcome. I'm excited to see your conversion of the bf109. I am about 90% complete with the same project. Let me know if I can help in any way. I decided to go with full control, retractable lg and clip the wings (probably shouldn't have). The bf-109 is very challeging conversion because the wing area is so much less than other Guillow's 400 series. It should fly well at about 10oz, it looks like mine will come in at 9.5oz
Good Luck,
Simon
simonlschmitz

Postby jensheydel » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:00 am

Hello Simon,

wow great so I am not alone here :-) Simon mine is equipped with (or going to be should I say, I just started the build) with ailerons elevator motor and rudder. I am going to forego the LG as I have no real field to fly from anyway and the field I use is ideal for belly landings. Have you got a build thread anywhere? It would be great if more people posted builds here in the Guillows forum as here we see only the Guillows planes (nothing against the other makers but ...) .

Although I do not have any questions directly now I am sure I will have some later in the build. Perhaps you could post some pics here I am certain I am not the only person here who would appreciate seeing some pictures as of your build.

Jens
jensheydel

Postby jensheydel » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:17 am

@ Simon,

whoa I just reread your post ... you clipped the wings !! :shock: this little 109 is going to have to hustle to stay in the air but at the AUW you indicate it ought to still do well. I was actually going to use the long wings as I am not the worlds best pilot (not even vaguely close LOL) and prefer slower more gently stuff. I saw a video from RCGroups where a modeler had built a 500 series Stuka ... it was so damn fast in flight it was a tiny blackdot moving so fast I am surprised the pilot could still discern the attitude of the Stuka. Kepp in mind the model had full camo paint to boot !!

I am very interested to see the Bf 109 you have got ... put up some pics I am going to post mine later today in a new thread.

Jens
jensheydel

Return to General Building Questions