Newby

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Postby John G Jedinak » Fri May 27, 2011 12:19 pm

Bill....Yes. Unless you want to consider the stronger 6 power...which is the same price. Note: I wear a pair of 3.25 reading glasses (Walgreens) along with the loupe. Then I just flip the visor loupe up or down as necessary. JGJ :-)
John G Jedinak

Postby BillParker » Fri May 27, 2011 12:31 pm

Thanx, John!

My eyes are bad, but not quite as bad as your's so I should be fine with this one...
William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Postby John G Jedinak » Fri May 27, 2011 12:36 pm

Bill...Check my V/A hangar (John G.) under the Stuka...you'll see them in use.
John G Jedinak

Postby yellowlynn » Fri May 27, 2011 5:45 pm

I have 2 pair of the headband magnifiers. That is how I first found the cuts around the parts. I am looking forward to starting on this kit, but it is taking a lot of study to get it all figured before I start.

I don't know if it comes in 2 different types of kits, but the box says it is for .020 to .049 engines, but it also has the plastic nacelles. Is that to cover both ways of construction? It also has a 4 1/2 X 7 board of hard, thin plywood, with a bunch of parts stamped, or semi-cut, with no numbers of any kind. If I study the plans long enough maybe I can see where these parts fit.

I will follow the step-by-step pictures on your construction, and do my best, but I would make no guarrantees on how it will look. However, I do know that I will thoroughly enjoy every bit of it. You guys do absolutely fantastic work. I thank you all for helping me get all het up again.

Lynn
yellowlynn

Postby BillParker » Fri May 27, 2011 5:47 pm

Good lookin' kid!

:lol:
William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Postby John G Jedinak » Fri May 27, 2011 5:53 pm

O.K. Bill that is a "shot over the bow"...remember I own you one...:-)
John G Jedinak

Postby kittyfritters » Fri May 27, 2011 10:49 pm

I'm half way through cataract surgery and now have 20/20 distance vision in one eye and my old dimly corrected vision in the other. I'm wearing a pair of glasses with one lens removed and working on models is a non-issue until the other eye is done. I'll need at least a pair of reading glasses if not a magnifier to work close up.

I do remember Ott-O-Formers. The first flying model that I build with my dad was a Joe Ott Avenger, rubber powered, 40 inch span, with a dropping torpedo. Not only was all the "sheet wood" card stock, but all the wood was pine. In spite of that, with the size of the model, it was quite light and flew well.
kittyfritters

Postby Squishyp38 » Sat May 28, 2011 7:30 am

I want to learn how to make my planes drop torpedoes!
The P-38 is arguably the best... Forget that, it is THE BEST fighter of world war two, and is epically AWESOME!
Squishyp38
Squishyp38

Postby yellowlynn » Tue May 31, 2011 4:50 pm

They say if you have a hard job, give it to a lazy guy, cause he'll find an easy way. I found out that those "semi" cut out parts do come out fairly easy. I have a 4" bench sander. Get a FIRM grip on the sheet stock, and lay part of it lengthwise and lay your hand lightly on it, swapping ends every so often. I got some of the parts to just drop out. Some still took some healthy cutting.

I have a Spitfire, model 504 I wanted to start on first. I have had it so long I forgot where I got it. Perfect condition, BUT no plans or instructions. Trying that appeared to be a bit more challenging than the B-25.

Lynn
yellowlynn

Previous

Return to General Building Questions