Guillows P39 airacobra series 800

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Postby deckape » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:16 pm

Turn Two Continue Ships Work
deckape

Postby deckape » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:17 pm

deckape wrote:Image
deckape

Postby deckape » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:17 pm

deckape wrote:
deckape wrote:Image
deckape

Completeing the build

Postby deckape » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:38 pm

Here is the update pictures of the Airacobra she is getting close to being finished I should have her done tommorow. On this picture is the underside and top view I ran out of Medium gray I have to mix up another batch, The auxillery fuel tank and the Landing flap thats all i need for the Gray the top side is done I shot on 2 coats of gray primer and 2 coats of Olive Drab for the heck of it I installed the decals after i shot on 1 coat ofImage clear Krylon I added the decal set letting her dry for the night.
deckape

Re: Completeing the build

Postby deckape » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:38 pm

deckape wrote:Here is the update pictures of the Airacobra she is getting close to being finished I should have her done tommorow. On this picture is the underside and top view I ran out of Medium gray I have to mix up another batch, The auxillery fuel tank and the Landing flap thats all i need for the Gray the top side is done I shot on 2 coats of gray primer and 2 coats of Olive Drab for the heck of it I installed the decals after i shot on 1 coat ofImage clear Krylon I added the decal set letting her dry for the night.
deckape

Postby Supercubber95 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:03 am

Good job!
Supercubber95

Postby Squishyp38 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Great work! keep it coming!
The P-38 is arguably the best... Forget that, it is THE BEST fighter of world war two, and is epically AWESOME!
Squishyp38
Squishyp38

Almost Done

Postby deckape » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:04 am

so far on the update is I have constructed and installed the main landing gear assembly. I got rid of the kits vacuformed landing gears struts like that of the nise wheel assembly i made my own from rolled paper tubeing and painted same Chromate green. Remarkably enough she sits on all three wheels without weight happy happy here. so far she is almost complete with the exception of touch up painting and a little detailing of the landing gear wing walks and yellow tips on the propeller, and she is good to go tommorow if the good lord i willing for a day of sunshine I will take her outsiImagede for some finished pictures here is the update pix.
deckape

Postby Supercubber95 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:43 am

Simply gorgeus! Excellent work! Keep on!
Supercubber95

She is done

Postby deckape » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:40 pm

Here are the finished pictures of my Bell Airacobra I was hoipeing it would be a carbon copy day like yesterday nice ans sunny today gloom and doom gray skies. But the airplane will speak for itself. here are the shots of the Bell P39 AiracobraImage
deckape

Re: She is done

Postby deckape » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:40 pm

deckape wrote:Here are the finished pictures of my Bell Airacobra I was hoipeing it would be a carbon copy day like yesterday nice ans sunny today gloom and doom gray skies. But the airplane will speak for itself. here are the shots of the Bell P39 AiracobraImage
deckape

Postby deckape » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:41 pm

deckape wrote:
deckape wrote:Here are the finished pictures of my Bell Airacobra I was hoipeing it would be a carbon copy day like yesterday nice ans sunny today gloom and doom gray skies. But the airplane will speak for itself. here are the shots of the Bell P39 AiracobraImage
deckape

Postby deckape » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:42 pm

deckape wrote:
deckape wrote:
deckape

Previous

Return to General Building Questions