Finally here!

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Finally here!

Postby winger » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:18 am

Started lurking in Nov. Stopped at a junk store on vacation and bought a Lancer for ten bucks. Guy swore all that was missing was the prop. Shoulda looked-no plans! Because of the packaging and poor condition of the box I thought I had something old. Also didn't think they were still in production. Then I cruised the big white store at the mall and was surprised to find a small selection. So bought a 500 series Stuka. Told the guy at the counter I used to build these with my DAD but in truth he built them then I broke them. Tried one in my late teens but had to buy a big one-no forums then. Failed to complete. I'm a 46 year old truck driver who drives logging roads, 20 years off and on as a motorcycle mechanic, auto mech.,detailer, bucker, chokerman skidderman--okay a jack of all trades. On starting the Stuka lot's of Questions came up-so consulting the internet I found this place! Found Scigs' build and consulted it constantly during my build. Also read every page here eventually. I was crushed to find my first plane was a hard build and poor flyer. So I modified the hell out of it. Now these silly planes are my new obsession. Have since built the 500 Hurricane, 900 Spitfire, Lancer(new one) will be done on the weekend. Then on to the 500 ME 109. 4 more in boxes.
winger

Postby BillParker » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:12 am

So, welcome!

and...

we want pictures!

standing by...

bp
William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Postby SteveM » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:51 am

You can pick up the phone and order replacement plans for $4 from Guillow's as shown here: http://www.balsamodels.com/Parts/604-kitparts.htm

Also, elsewhere on this forum Guillow's staff has made it known that they don't mind us making copies of plans for people who's kit is missing them. You might get lucky and find someone with the plans and a scanner.
SteveM

Return to General Building Questions