Propellers

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Propellers

Postby Squishyp38 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:38 pm

Ok guys, I don't know why, but suddenly I want to make my own propeller. And I don't want to carve it, I want it to be one of the props with a dowel for the center of the prop and flat blades, I think this is called a no-cal prop. (correct me if I am wrong) I want to have plans for one that might work with a 500 series kit.
The P-38 is arguably the best... Forget that, it is THE BEST fighter of world war two, and is epically AWESOME!
Squishyp38
Squishyp38

Postby Squishyp38 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:57 pm

Bump!!! somebody, anybody have any comments?
The P-38 is arguably the best... Forget that, it is THE BEST fighter of world war two, and is epically AWESOME!
Squishyp38
Squishyp38

Postby PHS Paddy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:16 am

Squish,

If you have the Don Ross book ‘Rubber Powered Model Airplanes’ check out page 71 and you’ll be close to on your way with something similar to a no-cal prop.

If you don’t have the book then I would suggest you purchase one since it’s filled with good stuff and is a keeper. If you check you’ll see that Guillow’s carries them.

Just dug my old copy out, which is a bit dog-eared now, and being refreshed as to all the good info there in.

Prop making can be fun carved or other wise.

Paddy
PHS Paddy

Postby Phugoid » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:09 pm

That is a good book, everyone should have one!
Phugoid

Postby lukebozek1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:17 am

I am doing some Comet kits at the moment and they provided me with two props, one is a printwood prop and the other is a wooden block that has been rough milled to the prop cross section. Both are rough, they don't free wheel like the plastic ones, but they look pretty decent.
lukebozek1

Return to General Building Questions