Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Postby Squishyp38 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:48 am

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! snow day!!!!!!!!!!!!! okay guys, since I have a whole day off from school, what do you want to see me do? Finish one of my projects? cover my TBM Avenger? Or start a whole new build? suggestions are wanted! No Idea is a wrong Idea! :?: :idea:
The P-38 is arguably the best... Forget that, it is THE BEST fighter of world war two, and is epically AWESOME!
Squishyp38
Squishyp38

Postby ADW 123 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:19 pm

dude go play in the snow
ADW 123

Postby Squishyp38 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:32 pm

I've seen enough snow in my life. I mean, I do live in Vermont, which, for those of you that don't know, is next to New York and just below Canada.
The P-38 is arguably the best... Forget that, it is THE BEST fighter of world war two, and is epically AWESOME!
Squishyp38
Squishyp38

Postby Phugoid » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:33 pm

:lol: LOL ADW!
Phugoid

Postby Squishyp38 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Some people are really funny. ADW is one of the smart people that knows where Vermont is. Someone once asked me where I lived, and I said "Vermont", and they said "What state is that in?"!! Another time, someone asked what part of Canada Vermont is!!!
Squishyp38
Squishyp38

Postby SteveM » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:31 pm

Around here the schools close down if we get 1" of snow. That still only means one or two snow days a year and a plethora of car wrecks. I spent a winter in upstate NY so I also know what it means to see it all the time and not need to run out and play in it.

I say finish something you are working on. I can't tell you the number of projects I have started and am "still working on". I'm like those dogs in the movie "UP".... Squirrel!
SteveM

Postby Phugoid » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:40 pm

Yeah, there are some smart people that know where Vermont is..........Then again I was told by an American Lady once "You speak good English for a European", funny that, me being English and all.....
Phugoid

Postby lukebozek1 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:57 pm

I lived in Brattleboro for 11 years, loved seeing the young women in Dunham boots, hunting season, bow season, black powder season, flashlight season and beer season. Slate roofs that leak and collapse, working on a Volvo in the slush and ice replacing the clutch cable and the brakes. God I miss that place. That feeling you get when you rupture that disk in your lower back shoveling off the roof and looking at the chunks you just tossed into the driveway as you crawl on hands and knees inside the house because you cannot stand up. I got a great isea! Go outside and shovel some snow!
lukebozek1

Postby Bargle » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:27 pm

So, Luke, I'm guessing you're happy to be in Florida these days? :wink:
Bargle

Postby lukebozek1 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:40 pm

I wish that I moved here when I was 30. I grew up shoveling snow almost every day of my miserable youth, I made a lot of money and wore out a lot of shovels getting up at 3:30 to do four driveways before school. I made enough to buy my own snowblower when I was 13 and I did another three driveways every time it snowed in New Hampshire. You'd think I learned something but no! I had to move back to Vermont because I loved the white dung! And after that, it wasn't enough! Michigan for four years! Do you know what that's like? It snows every day, it rains every day. And I mean every day! Lake effect they called it. Kalamazoo,
lukebozek1

Postby Phugoid » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:37 am

Thank god for the gulf stream!!!
Phugoid

Postby lukebozek1 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:04 am

The truth is that if you lived in an igloo, after a while you either get used to it or die. Wherever you are is okay, because you are there. But there are a couple secrets they keep from us because they don't want another 10 million people moving there. Like rain in Seattle. Yes it rains, but it is warm and it will stop. If you park the car for one week in the back of the house, it will disappear because it grows moss. But they want you to believe it rains like a monsoon in Indochina all the time, or in other words, stay away. In Florida they tell you to go outside in August is to die like Clint Eastwood in the G/B&T/U in that desert scene. But, it's a lie. Yes it gets to 110 degrees somewhere, but 15 minutes in the ocean and 15 minutes under the umbrella and we're good. And remember to repeat! I really love it down here. In Vermont we used to say "Flatlanders Git!" In Michigan it was "Guns, Trucks and Religion!" In Florida it's "Yes I'll have another beer!" I kider gentler and warmer place.
lukebozek1

Return to General Building Questions