new guy with build

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

new guy with build

Postby Donahue Racing » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:30 pm

hello guys, im new to this forum. built a few of the Guillows models.
i built the bigger ME-109 as a rubber powered plane, built the B-25 ,got the fuselage and wings done,then it was smashed during a room party my friend had. also built the Pt-17 stearman which was also destroyed during the room party. that was a few years ago,now that i dont have that same roommate , i figured id give it a try again. ive been flying electric park flyers, and nitro Trainers, i actually have more build/ rebuild time than flight time, i just like to build, i dont know why.

any way a guy locally offered me a deal on some radio gear for smaller airplanes. im watching a Few guillow plane kits on ebay rite now.

im watching the big cessna sky hawk, giant scale douglas dive bomber,giant scale Stuka german plane,and a few others.

any way ill post pics of what i was offered, im wondering if the electronics will be able to be used in any of the Balsa kits im watching.. (motor/battery be enough to get the plane off the ground ect..)

the deal is $120 for everything, i guess thats a good deal.

all the electronics are installed on a home made foam P51 mustang. the owner never gave me any specs / weight of the plane yet.. it flies ,but i can build some thing better than the plane,but if the radio gear,motor/esc can be used in the Guillows kits, ill go down that road instead of messing with foam. well, im currently building a foam Spitfire ,sheets of foam glued together, will be cut / gutted with a hot wire, looking at a 4 foot wing span. still got a ways to go, only got the stacks of foam glued.
Donahue Racing

Postby ADW 123 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:34 pm

my advice- make sure all that stuff works before you buy it. second, gut that p-51 thing and build urself a nice pretty little guillows plane to put it into for an r/c conversion. wish i could do that, the only thing that is limiting me is equiptment. that micro r/c stuff is expensive now.
ADW 123

Postby Donahue Racing » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:36 pm

oh i forgot the specs on the electronics.. radio is a 4 channel, owner said "mode 2 ,not computer radio" dont know what that means!
Brushless motor,20amp ESC , 4 servos, 450mah lipo battery 3s ?
comes with lipo balancer / charger.

i sure how the motor & battery will be enough to get a guillows model off the ground! theres a good chance ill get the cessna sky hawk,or the giant scale dauntless dive bomber. Ebay is the only way to go, none of the hobby shops in hawaii carry the guillow kits any more, none ever are for sale on craigslist. im also watching a B-17, and B-25 rite now. no plans to build them, just wanna get them and save them for later!
Donahue Racing

Postby MickeyB49 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:05 pm

Donahue Racing,

You can do a lot better than ebay. Try thess two links:

http://pennvalleyhobbycenter.com/rubber ... rcraft.htm

http://www.acsupplyco.com/home.htm

I am certain many of the experienced builders on here like Scigs, ADW, Bill Parker and KittyFritters will second me with this. I have dealt with both companies and they are great. Plus you do not have to worry about whether the seller (like on ebay) is reputable or not.

Hope this helps a bit.

Mickey
"Do or do not, there is no try" Yoda
MickeyB49

Postby Donahue Racing » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:53 am

MickeyB49 wrote:Donahue Racing,

You can do a lot better than ebay. Try thess two links:

http://pennvalleyhobbycenter.com/rubber ... rcraft.htm

http://www.acsupplyco.com/home.htm

I am certain many of the experienced builders on here like Scigs, ADW, Bill Parker and KittyFritters will second me with this. I have dealt with both companies and they are great. Plus you do not have to worry about whether the seller (like on ebay) is reputable or not.

Hope this helps a bit.

Mickey

holy cow, their prices are cheap! now im gonna have a hard time deciding which ones i wanna get now. the guy with the foam Rcplane posted above, i guess he flaked on the deal, he wont respond. guess he decided to keep it. so now im searching for micro servos and radio gear , motor & esc. found a deal for 4 micro servos,$17 brand new shipped.
Donahue Racing

Return to General Building Questions