New Body on the Forum

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

New Body on the Forum

Postby Tinkerman74 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:00 pm

Afternoon all. I am new to the forum and thought I would introduce myself before hopping in, so to speak.
I'm retired and live in East Central Tennessee. I was born and raised in MA and in '63 moved to Texas on a company move. 23 Years in the Houston area and 7 years in SA and the Dallas Area. I am a graduate of the U of H in Houston.
Started modeling as a kid, all balsa, balsa and cardboard and balsa & tissue. Stopped building models when I found out about girls. Built my first plastic model in 1955. A tank as I remember.
Didn't get back into models until 1986. started with sailing ships then autos and trucks. Retired in 1998 and spent a year working at a HobbyTown USA hobby shop. That's when I got re-aquainted with Guillow's Kits.
Am currently working on a B-17. Monster Kit. I built a Stearman bi-plane then went on to the B-17
Found the forum when I went to the Guillows web page seeking answers to some of my questions.

Cheers, Tinkerman
Tinkerman74

Postby Deadstick Dave » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:29 pm

Welcome, Tink!

I'm new here too and were both "old timey" modelers returing to our passions before girls.

I've "met" some fine people here and I'm enjoying getting reacquainted in the "stick and paper" ways.

I also do R/c in aircraft and sailboats.

Deadstick Dave
Deadstick Dave

Postby ADW 123 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:40 pm

welcome all! I still cannot believe how helpful this forum has been. youll like it!
ADW 123

Return to General Building Questions