Airplane Accessories/Parts Question

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Postby collectornut60 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:58 am

I have a lot of Radio Controlled Airplane accessories/parts that once belonged to my late uncle who used to work with all kinds of wood (including balsa) as a hobby and used to "make" airplane kits from scratch.

Anyway, I know nothing about these things or anything radio controlled for that matter.

My question is would these items be sellable in a lot (not separately) since most of the stuff is unknown to me? I don't plan on selling them here but maybe Craigslist or somewhere else (I did find a site pertaining to Radio Controlled cars, planes, parts). I'm just looking for opinions on the stuff since this stuff is for radio controlled airplanes.

Some items I have that I can tell you what they are (Most if not all still in their original packaging, some never opened):

Sullivan Nev-R-Leak Round Fuel Tank System (Size 16 oz)
Robart Super Fuelers
Du-Bro 90 Degree Bellcrank Assembly
Du-Bro Spring Thread Couplers
Servo Reverser (14K104) (not sure if complete)
Carl Goldberg Nylon Snap-On Spinner
Du-Bro Bolt On Pressure Fitting
Robart Flat Hinge Pockets
Another smaller fuel tank system (Make unknown)
Carl Goldberg 5/32" Steerable Nose Gear with adjustable axies
And a bunch of Color Stripe tape (Carl Goldberg, Chart-Pak, ACS Tapes)
Colored Scotch Tape (not sure what that was used for)
Futaba Controller (Model FP-T3S)

There is also a bunch of other miscellaneous items that I have no clue as to what they are but they were with the items mentioned above in a box so I'm going to have to assume they belong.

Here are some photos:

Suggestions/opinions would be appreciated.

Tina
collectornut60

Postby collectornut60 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:09 pm

P.S. I also have a McCoy (not sure if it's genuine) airplane engine.

collectornut60

Postby lukebozek1 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:27 am

The "Red Head"was one great engine back in the 60s. I had a 35 on a Fancy Pants kit. The braided wire u-control cables cost more than the engine.
lukebozek1

Postby Xanadu » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:00 pm

The transmitter is too old to be of much use to anyone, and not even a collectible, so its pretty much a paper weight.

The other stuff is just lower cost odds and ends I see all the time on Ebay, etc. You might be lucky and get $20-30 for the whole bag.
Xanadu

Postby collectornut60 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:19 pm

Xanadu wrote:The transmitter is too old to be of much use to anyone, and not even a collectible, so its pretty much a paper weight.

The other stuff is just lower cost odds and ends I see all the time on Ebay, etc. You might be lucky and get $20-30 for the whole bag.

Thanks for the info Xanadu. $20-$30 is better than nothing and having this stuff sit around gathering dust. Would prefer to find a new home for it. I'll just put everything together. post it on Craigslist or another site, and see what happens. Hopefully, I will be able to find the stuff a new home.
collectornut60

Postby Squishyp38 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:52 pm

I'll give you 35 bucks for the whole lot. Where do you live? where do I send the money?
The P-38 is arguably the best... Forget that, it is THE BEST fighter of world war two, and is epically AWESOME!
Squishyp38
Squishyp38

Return to General Building Questions