Newbie says hello

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Newbie says hello

Postby ibscrooge_p » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:52 pm

Hello from the great state of Missouri. Guess I have the dubious distinction of introducing myself as the newbie :roll: Well I am getting back into the hobby after more years than I will admit to and found this place to bounce my questions around. Started doing this when I was about 8 or 10 with Scientific Models then later with Comet and Guillows. Decided to revisit my youth a bit and strike back up so I dove right in and got a 1001 P-47 and if I can figure out how to post photos will be happy to do so. Hope Guillows will not be angry with me I decided to make a few modifications to the original. Just finished bare bones on the fuselage but have to hold off till i can get some electronics. Hope to bounce my ideas off a few of you if possible.
Heavy metal leaves a bigger hole in the ground!
ibscrooge_p

Postby cliffm » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:20 pm

I just got done with this aImagebout a month ago
cliffm

Postby cliffm » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:28 pm

Icould'nt help myself, I just learned how to post pictures and here is one of mine. The p-47 was never one of my favorite war-birds until I got the model and found out what a trusty old ship she was. The build was really enjoyable too. I messed up at the beginning and used the wrong wing drawing and ended up having to move a couple ribs. I guess it pays to read the directions. Anyways welcome to the forumand enjoy.
cliffm

Postby ibscrooge_p » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:40 pm

Wow that is a sweet looking AC.....thanks for the photo am looking forward to this build project will post the build photos as I get the hang of this. Ummmm just a note to the wonderful guys at Guillows for this kit.....couldnt use any of the wood as almost all of it is useless and crushed. Ended up having to redraw all the fuselage formers and made several mods that I hope will intrigue not only the posters here but Guillows as well. Turning this D version into a Razor-back version :twisted: Using 1/32 to sheet and adding electronics but that is later down the road. Still figuring out how to work the mods :twisted:
ibscrooge_p

Postby ibscrooge_p » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:56 pm

Ok lets try this photo thing out....

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k57 ... 1288402788
ibscrooge_p

Postby ibscrooge_p » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:58 pm

ibscrooge_p

Postby Xanadu » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:21 pm

Do not use the Img on this forum, but instead cut and paste the Img code line from photobucket directly onto this section.
That is what you are doing wrong.
Xanadu

Postby dbcisco » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:29 pm

Here ya go ibscrooge:

A bumblebee isn't supposed to fly but does.
My plane is supposed to fly but doesn't.
Balances out doesn't it : )
dbcisco

Postby ibscrooge_p » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:58 am

Thanks for the help!! Believe it or not I am building this on an 18 wheeler while out here on the road hee hee. Unfortunately it is really affecting the build time but then again nothing good ever happens overnight. :D
ibscrooge_p

Postby dbcisco » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:15 pm

ibscrooge_p wrote:... I am building this on an 18 wheeler while out here on the road .... :D

That is amazing!
A bumblebee isn't supposed to fly but does.
My plane is supposed to fly but doesn't.
Balances out doesn't it : )
dbcisco

Return to General Building Questions