Spitfire 403 weight so far

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Spitfire 403 weight so far

Postby 42-n-startinagain » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:44 pm

All parts finished, strong glue joints, a little reinforcement here and there, drilled trailing edges, prop, rubber, no tissue or gear and no nose weight yet which it will need alot of.

Eliminating rubber, rudder and stabilizer only drops 15 grams. Doubt I can remove that much weight so I am not even going to try to lighten it more.

This is one big strong kit. 75 grams so far.

Will it fly. :D
42-n-startinagain

Postby 42-n-startinagain » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:07 pm

Here it is so far. Poor lighting sorry, dang energy saving CFL bulbs.

Front will be reinforced with balsa like a motorized plane. Might was well use Balsa for something useful as opposed to yet more clay or what not in thee nose. Motor peg in rear is "double walled". When I was a kid I would my Thunderbolt so much I pulled the peg out and thrashed the fuselage as it crashed through the formers. :roll:

[/img]
42-n-startinagain

Postby 42-n-startinagain » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:08 pm

Here it is so far. Poor lighting sorry, dang energy saving CFL bulbs.

Front will be reinforced with balsa like a motorized plane. Might was well use Balsa for something useful as opposed to yet more clay or what not in thee nose. Motor peg in rear is "double walled". When I was a kid I would my Thunderbolt so much I pulled the peg out and thrashed the fuselage as it crashed through the formers. :roll:

42-n-startinagain

Postby 42-n-startinagain » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:10 pm

150 grams now or 5.5 oz so far but it is REALLY strong now. Still need to cover it. Going to run 3 loops of 1/4 inch or maybe 4 loops of 3/16 rubber and a hi-torque prop with god knows how many winds.

Inserted blast tube in the form of a 1 inch lightweight Estes rocket body tube to control all the flopping rubber as it unwinds.

Hopefully it will not pull up and loop over into the ground and very high rate of speed.
42-n-startinagain

Return to General Building Questions