Nose Block / Motor Peg

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Nose Block / Motor Peg

Postby jimbothehotdog » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:27 pm

Could you guys shed some light on some more things... I hate to keep asking questions... but I gotta know.

I am curious about nose blocks... they are for adjusting the angle of the prop I assume.

Also I was wondering how you guys get the rubber on the motor peg? Do you have an access hole cut in the fuse or is there some other trick?

Thanks as always... :)

Dave
jimbothehotdog

Postby jimbothehotdog » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:58 pm

Hello David... Thank you!

So what happens when the rubber breaks?
(Now this is about the time my mother would always say to me.. "go play!") :shock:

Does it then turn into a "fishing trip" to get new rubber mounted?
jimbothehotdog

Postby BillParker » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:44 am

Notice how (in the pic below) that there is a stick retaining the rubber band on all four planes. I always install the ruber then finish the plane. And yes, when the rubber breaks it's time to build a new plane... :twisted:

bp
William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

rubber/motor peg

Postby flyright » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:50 pm

The question is are you building to fly?
If so the motor peg is not a peg as supplied in the kit. It is a piece of very light aluminum tube so you can hold the model in the winding stooge by placeing a piece of piano wire through the tube and into the hole in the stand. When winding you should always use a blast tube if putting in alot of turns. If the rubber breaks the blast tube prevents the exploding rubber from ripping the model apart. As to the replacement of a broken rubber..you either cut a small opening in the bottom of the model below the motor peg or you can make yourself a tool that is slotted in the end and push the new rubber towards the motor peg. I made mine out of small dia. plastic tubing, but you can also use 1/4 hard wood dowel.
flyright

Return to General Building Questions