Gasoline U control

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Gasoline U control

Postby ADW 123 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:04 pm

any of you people who have built u control, i am building a plane strait from the kit, with a few little modifacations. someone brought up a good point to me. about having tention on my u control lines. i know that i half to put a turn in the rudder, but what about launching strategy? there isnt enough speed often when i am launching to put very much tention on the lines. also, how do you build the elevator so it is easy to move?
ADW 123

Postby Xanadu » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:33 pm

The rudder turned so the plane goes to the outside will keep the lines tight enough when landing, I never much issues with it.

You need to hinge the elevator, there is numerous ways to do that. You can use a cloth hinge, plastic hinges, fiber hinges, clear tape, etc. Your plans should give some form of idea for that.

When launching, with the engine angled out a bit to the right, along with the rudder turned right will easily give you enough tension once the plane starts moving. Don't forget that you need to have snug lines when you launch so you do not "jerk" the plane form a sudden tightening of the lines.
Xanadu

Return to General Building Questions