4 Sale! Guillow

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

4 Sale! Guillow

Postby collectornut60 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:06 pm

Okay. Here it is up for sale. If you were waiting for this I apologize for the delay, but I wanted to make sure I had all bases covered (I think I do) with regards to this kit. Also, thank you to Mark, Susan, SteveM, John G Jedinak, BillParker who helped me out with suggestions, opinions, etc.

This is a RARE Guillow
collectornut60

Postby tlondgren » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:20 am

I would like to bid, but do you want the bid on this forum or by email. If email, I will need an address.
tlondgren

Postby collectornut60 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:40 am

tlondgren wrote:I would like to bid, but do you want the bid on this forum or by email. If email, I will need an address.

You can either PM me or post your offer onto this forum.

I currently have an offer of $200.00.
collectornut60

Postby collectornut60 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:29 pm

Current offer: $250.00
collectornut60

Postby Ken Miller » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:39 pm

I agree with you David. At $200 it seemed like it should not have gone much higher.
Ken Miller

Postby collectornut60 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:34 pm

Ken Miller wrote:I agree with you David. At $200 it seemed like it should not have gone much higher.

Why would you say that? Just because you or anyone else might not offer that much money for the kit doesn't mean it's not worth that much to someone else, which it is. It is a discontinued kit and I'm sure somewhat hard to find.

If you really want something you offer the most you're willing to pay for it. If you get it that's great. If someone else offers more and gets it that just means it was worth more to the other person.

The person that put in the offer of $250.00 feels it is worth $250.00 to them. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. A friend told me they remember seeing this kit sell for $300.00.

Who knows someone could come by at the last minute and offer $300.00. It could happen. I'm not saying it will but it could happen.

Just my 2-1/2 cents worth.
collectornut60

Postby wmikedavis » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:49 pm

Why not post this on E-Bay where it belongs?
wmikedavis

Postby BillParker » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:50 pm

There was a VERY long discussion about whether or not to do this here on this forum, and it was agreed by all involved that an informal auction could take place here. It'll be over soon, so no troubles. (The kit will be posted for a 2 week period (14 days) from today July 11th through July 25th) uh... that'd be today, so...

I am surprised at the number reached as it's nearly 100 bucks over the average price on e-bay... So Congrats!...
William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Postby cliffm » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:01 pm

Oh, my goodness, now why would cn60 want to use e-bay when he or she can post the model on here for free? Besides, our "modelers building forum" has the target clientele right here to glean marketability information from and squeeze that last drop of $$ out of. Somehow I feel a little betrayed after reading about "finding someone who would truly appreciate this kit". The only appreciation I foresee is someone receiving a record amount for an out of stock kit. What, no K.Y. jelly included? Yeah, I'm in left field and way out of line here. PLEASE!!!!!!!
cliffm

Postby dbcisco » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:29 pm

I understand why someone would pay a lot for a certain kit. I would love to have some of the older kits, esp. when the ones I want are less than new kits are selling for. I just don't have the money at the time.
Hey, if I guy thinks its worth $250 more power to him. Maybe if Guillows sees what the kits are worth they will put them back in production.
A bumblebee isn't supposed to fly but does.
My plane is supposed to fly but doesn't.
Balances out doesn't it : )
dbcisco

Postby SteveM » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:03 pm

I have sold a B-29 for more than $250 and have purchased one for less. It is all about who sees the auction while it is open and what they are willing to pay for that kit. A patient person who can wait a year or two will likely find a good deal, but it's not like they are making more of these.
SteveM

Postby cliffm » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:38 pm

One of the refreshing things about this forum is there are no advertisements, snake oil salesman, free-be entrapment schemes,and other marketing gimmicks to haze you into buying something you could usually do without anyway. This totally endears me to this forum's integrity. Please, let's try and keep the salesman and profiteers off this website and let them peddle their wears somewhere else. As far as the price of this B-29, the more rare it gets the higher the price will go.
cliffm

Postby SteveM » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:20 pm

cliffm wrote:One of the refreshing things about this forum is there are no advertisements, snake oil salesman, free-be entrapment schemes,and other marketing gimmicks to haze you into buying something you could usually do without anyway. This totally endears me to this forum's integrity.
You'll be happy to know that this kit auction was none of the above.
SteveM

Postby Ken Miller » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:00 pm

I agree that if you can not see the bids as you can in ebay it is unclear if anyone has bid. Also agree that this is not the place for an auction.
Ken Miller

Postby collectornut60 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Ken Miller wrote:I agree that if you can not see the bids as you can in ebay it is unclear if anyone has bid. Also agree that this is not the place for an auction.

People who were interested were free to post there bids on this board as stated in the auction.

As an update, the item did sell for $250.00, Bank Money Order was received yesterday and the kit is on it's way to it's new happy owner today via FedEx.

SteveM,
Thank you for the help, suggestions, and opinions you provided through the whole process.
collectornut60

Next

Return to General Building Questions